Question about NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL Firewall Router [ DG834GNA Wireless ] (114587)
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports:
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on Jul 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Port forwarding,I am retarded
totally disconnect router from computer reboot system.with your router you should have a install disc.reload the disc and follow the instructions.when you reboot your computer should find your router.hope this is of help.
Posted on May 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Remove the checkmark from the Block Anonymous Internet Requests checkbox.
Click the Save Settings button near the bottom of the page.
Click the Applications & Gaming link near the top of the page.
You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Port Range Forward.
We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward. Xbox Live 360 requires you to forward the following ports: 53,80,88,1863,3074. Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the Port Range Forward menu.
port forward the following ports up above to the ip address that you set your xbox 360 to.
Apr 03, 2011 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Mar 04, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Nov 27, 2009 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Oct 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2009 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
May 10, 2009 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Mar 23, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Feb 28, 2009 | Chauvet Followspot 400g with Stand
3,755 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: