Question about Philips HDD1630 MP3 Player
I have uploaded my mp3 music manually, and somehow it uploaded music/pictures automatically and basically it shows me an error I can't delete I can't do anything about it and it I have uploaded my mp3 music manually, and somehow it uploaded music/pictures automatically and basically it shows me an error I can't delete I can't do anything about it and it buggers me off now. When it plays error songs it freezes and I have to restart.
Are there any solutions/advices on how to delete mp3 & error music form the player?
Is there any downloads for Unicode. When I have uploaded music it showed me squares.
P.S. (last Question) is it possible creating a playlist by folders & not by artist or gender or any other?
Thanks, waiting for your replies
Here's what happened: When you first synced your GoGear to Windows Media Player, you may have set up the automatic sync option. When this option is selected,Windows Media Player will add EVERY song, picture, etc from your Library on your computer to the GoGear. Now, every time you sync you device, it adds every new file from your computer into the GoGear automatically.
Here's what you want to do (this process assumes you have Windows Media Plaer 11 and windows XP - if you have another version, just let me know and I will give you modified instructions - reply to the FixYa website, not to my personal e-mail address):
1) Backup all files stored on your GoGear, as this process will delete all files from your GoGear
2) Go into Windows Media Player 11 with your GoGear connected to the computer (it will automatically sync and add new files one last time), move the mouse cursor over to the sync tab; a small black arrow will appear under the word "Sync"; click on the small black arrow and a dropdown menu will appear; select "Portbale media device" from the dropdown menu, and another dropdown menu will appear; select "Set Up sync"; a window will appear with some information on your device - uncheck the box that says "Sync this device automatically"; click Finish; This will eliminate the problem of Windows always adding songs/files you don't want into your player
3) As long as the GoGear now says, "OK to disconnect from PC," then open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
4) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
5) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is succesfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new
6) you will have to re-add all your files (only the ones you want in there) to the GoGear as the Repair process has deleted all files on the device; as long as you followed the process in Step 2 above, then Windows Media Player will no longer add the files you DON'T want to the GoGear
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
Thank you ThaMp3Doctor that really helped me but now i can not put mp3 on my Device.
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
I would like to know how to delete music from my go gear. Some songs are showing up 3or 4 time in my play list. This is a Go gear jukeboxes.
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
Here's the deal:
Open the Philips Device Manager that came with the install cd, and do a Repair - this will erase everything so you can start over from scratch. This will also take care of your squares issue.
No dice on the playlist issue - sorry.
Next, you have to disable the auto sync feature in Windows Media Player to prevent it from auto-loading all of those songs/files that you don't want. by opening Windows Media Player, highlighting the Sync tab, clicking on the little black arrow to bring down the drop-down menu, clicking on "Set Up Sync" (make sure your mp3 player is connected to computer, or this option will not appear), and unchecking the box that says "automatically sync files to my device". This will give you manual sync instead.
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2010 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
May 31, 2009 | Philips SA3125\02 MP3 Player
Mar 26, 2009 | Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
Mar 22, 2009 | Philips GoGear HDD1830 MP3 Player
Feb 20, 2009 | Philips GoGear HDD1830 MP3 Player
Dec 09, 2008 | Philips SA5125/37 MP3 Player
Aug 11, 2008 | Philips GoGear HDD1830 MP3 Player
May 02, 2008 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
2,758 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!