Forgot how I had created a default directory so that when I clicked on file/open it opened up a subdirectory with all my qpro files. I recall having to enter the path, say, C:/personal. . . /*.* (I think it ended with that wildcard to list all files). I have tried using Setting/File Options but the command does not stick, at least when I try open. There may be something to do with Workspace but I saw no place to enter a path. I am stumped.
Re: Creating a default directory in Quattor Pro (11?)
The solution was two-fold although I am not positive they are related. Download and install Service Pac 2, for Wordperfect Office X3. This file addresses Vista related issues and so may be crucial for programs originally written for XP. Once that file was installed, in QPro go to Tools/Settings/File Options and enter the path of the subdirectory you wish to open. Use a final "/". Perhaps, use another subdirectory for backups (the third line on the page). It worked fine.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am assuming you mean "notepad". It sounds like the default program for Word files was changed to notepad instead of Word. To change it to use Word, find a word file (one with a .doc or .docx extension), right click and under "open with" select "choose default program". Select Word and click the checkbox "always use the selected program" to change the default. Then click OK. It should change the icons to the "W" Word icon, and should open them in word from now on. Good luck, and feel free to comment if you need more help.
We are developing software but we are unable to run in others PC/Computer. As we know that QT is Platform Independent and Open source Software, which is use Nokia to develop Mobile Application.
When you start a project then automatically qt creates 2 folders within main Directory. One is "Debug" and another is "release".
If we are want to run application in other PC then we need ".dll" files and combined them.
Open My Computer and go to the "Installation Drive" where QT is installed.
Find out the Main Directory of the QT. If you install in "c:" then go to the c drive and open "qt" folder and get a directory name as "2010.01"
When you open "2010.01", then you can see another directory as "qt" open it.
You click on Search option from the "Standard Button" bar and type the libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll file and search it. When you find it copy the file and paste into your Project Directory's "Debug" folder. Do same things for another three ".dll" files.
After that you can run your application by the .exe file. Does not need to open Qt and open your project then run.
Now you can simply copy the project Directory and paste into other PC and open Directory and run it.
Or you can create a shortcut on the desktop as others software. From where you can run it by Click.
Deploy and Packaging:
If you want to create a setup file as other software, need to install it. Then -
First download a file "icinst", it's free. After that install it.
After that open it from start programs and windows will be come where you select your Project Directory and do "Next".
You can create a License Agreement as others software.
Do as per the given Instruction.
Note: Before create a setup file you must be collect all dll files and paste in "debug" folder
<span><b>WinRAR</b><span> </span>is a helpful tool allows you to create and handle archive files. It is completely supports rar and zip and makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.<br />Today, we will metion how to create a password for RAR archives and the way to<span> </span><a href="http://www.passwordunlocker.com/knowledge/remove-rar-password.html">remove Winrar password</a><span> </span>when forgot.
Create Password Protection for RAR ArchivesIn our daily work, creating password protected RAR archives to against WinRAR files from others viewing is in great request. Usually, there are two proven techniques to<span> </span><b>create password protected RAR archives</b>.<br /><b>Option one:</b><span> </span>You can open the password-protected RAR archive and view the individual files name, but you need to know the password to extract the all files.<br /><b>Option two:</b><span> </span>You can't open the password-protected RAR archive and can't even view the individual files name without the password.<br />Below we will show you how to create these two types of password-protected rar archives.<br /><b>Step 1:</b><span> </span>Open Winrar and click on<b><span> </span>Wizard</b>.<br /><b>Step 2:</b><span> </span>On the Wizard Choose ths opration window, select<span> </span><b>Create a new archive</b><span> </span>and then click<span> </span><b>Next</b>.<br /><b>Step 3:</b><span> </span>There will pop-up a window, just select the files to be added to the archive and click<span> </span><b>OK</b>.<br /><b>Step 4:</b><span> </span>Here please input an archive name to create and clike<span> </span><b>Next</b><span> </span>button.<br /><b>Step 5:</b><span> </span>Now you can click<span> </span><b>Set Password</b><span> </span>button.<br /><b>Step 6: Create Password Protected RAR Archives with Two Options</b><br /><b>For Option one:<span> </span></b>Creating Password Protected RAR Archives has two ways, please follow the steps below.<br /><b>1.</b><span> </span>The set password will be in asterisks, so you cannot see it, hence you will need enter the password that you want to set twice for confirmation. Then press<span> </span><b>OK</b>. After that you will return to the<span> </span><b>Wizard Archive option</b><span> </span>window and just click Click<span> </span><b>Finish</b>. Your password protected rar archive will be created in your Desktop.<br /><b>2.</b><span> </span>The set password can be seen. For this please click<span> </span><b>Show password</b><span> </span>and enter the password you want to set only once. Then press<span> </span><b>OK</b>. After that you will return to the<span> </span><b>Wizard Archive option</b><span> </span>window and just click<span> </span><b>Finish</b>. Your password protected rar archive will be created in your Desktop.<br /><b>For Option two</b>: Creating Password Protected RAR Archives by click<span> </span><b>Encrypt file names</b><span> </span>after you input the password twice.<br /><b>Step 7: Open the Password Protected RAR Archives with Two Options</b><br /><b>For Option one:<span> </span></b>The Password Protected RAR Archives can be openned. It will show an asterisk just beside the files indicating that it will need the password to extract the files.<br /><b>For Option two:<span> </span></b>The Password Protected RAR Archives cann't be openned. It will need the password even to open the archive.<br />Well, though password protection is a good way for prventing data or privacy let-out, we often met with the trouble that we can not access the file without correct password. At that time, it is better for you to have a<span> </span><a href="http://www.passwordunlocker.com/rar-password-recovery.html">Winrar password remover</a><span> </span>in hand.<span> </span><b>RAR Password Unlocker</b><span> </span>is taken as the powerful and credible tool to do<span> </span><a href="http://www.passwordunlocker.com/knowledge/recover-rar-archiver-password.html">RAR password recovery</a><span> </span>with ease.<br /></span>
Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Default Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program. Scroll through the list of file extensions for .zdl. Double click on the extension. In the Choose the program that you want to use dialog box, choose Avery Design Pro 5 if it is listed. If it's not listed, click on the browse button and locate it. It will open into the C:\Program Files directory. If you don't know where the Avery Design executable (exe) is, you can right click on the icon on you desktop and select properties to find it's location.
Disclaimer: these instruction are for Windows Vista/7. If you are using a different Windows OS the steps will be different. In the future you may want to provide that information.
i have most simpler solution. 1. in ur PC, open a new notepad file. (anyname.txt) 2. write <html><body><a href="yourApplicationName.jar">install yourApplicationName.jar</a></body></html> 3. save it and close the file. change file extension to .html 4. transfer this file to ur Corby along with the Jar & Jad files of ur application 6. open this file to run the application and click the link displayed 7. enjoy ur application
I think that's a defective scanner. Common issue, everything works but scanner not even detected as a device in xp. But printer detects fine. If you don't see any ghost or uninstalled drivers for the scanner i suspect hard ware failure. Probably some internal cabling or connection within the scanner itself.
Paperport 11 crashed as soon as I open it. "PaperPort has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I found that the problem was caused by a corrupt file in the default directory. I moved all the files from that directory to a new one and the problem was fixed. I transferred the files back 3 at at a time until I found the bad file. It was a PDF file not created by PaperPort. NO help from Nuance Ranwin@gmail.com
gtalk is fully compatible with wmp 11. if it stops showing the current track, open wmp, right click on the bottom pane, goto tools-pluggins-options. select background, check gtalk. that should solve ur prob.
If you are running Windows XP Professional on your computer you can install Microsoft's web server, Internet Information Server 5.1 (IIS) for free from the Windows XP Pro installation CD and configure it to run on your system by following the instructions below: - 1. Place the Windows XP Professional CD-Rom into your CD-Rom Drive.
2. Open 'Add/Remove Windows Components' found in 'Add/Remove Programs' in the 'Control Panel'.
3. Place a tick in the check box for 'Internet Information Services (IIS)' leaving all the default installation settings intact.
4. Once IIS is installed on your machine you can view your home page in a web browser by typing 'http://localhost' (you can substitute 'localhost' for the name of your computer) into the address bar of your web browser. If you have not placed your web site into the default directory you should now be looking at the IIS documentation.
5. If you are not sure of the name of your computer right-click on the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop, select 'Properties' from the shortcut menu, and click on the 'Computer Name' tab.
6. Your default web directory to place your web site in is 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot', but if you don't want to over write the IIS documentation found in this directory you can set up your own virtual directory through the 'Internet Information Services' console.
7. The 'Internet Information Services' console can be found in the 'Administration Tools' in the 'Control Panel' under 'Performance and Maintenance', if you do not have the control panel in Classic View.
8. Double-click on the 'Internet Information Services' icon.
8. Once the 'Internet Information Services' console is open you will see any IIS web services you have running on your machine including the SMTP server and FTP server, if you chose to install them with IIS.
9. To add a new virtual directory right click on 'Default Web Site' and select 'New', followed by 'Virtual Directory', from the drop down list.
7. Next you will see the 'Virtual Directory Creation Wizard' from the first screen click the 'next' button.
9. You will then be asked to type in an 'Alias' by which you will access the virtual directory from your web browser (this is the name you will type into your web browser after 'localhost' to view any web pages you place in the directory).
10. Next you will see a 'Browse...' button, click on this to select the directory your web site pages are in on your computer, after which click on the 'next' button to continue.
11. On the final part of the wizard you will see a series of boxes, if you are not worried about security then select them all, if you are and want to run ASP scripts then check the first two, followed by the 'next' button.
12. Once the virtual directory is created you can view the web pages in the folder by typing 'http://localhost/aliasName' (where 'aliasName' is, place the alias you called the virtual directory) into the address bar of your web browser (you can substitute 'localhost' for the name of your computer if you wish).