Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
“F02” is a Long Drain error. If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed. In addition, a “SUDS” error may also be generated as a secondary error. This is an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line. You will need to check the following:
1. Check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or clogged.
2. Check the electrical connections to the pump and ensure the pump is running.
3. Remove the drain pump filter and check for foreign objects and/or debris.
To check the drain pump, click on the following link for step-by-step instructions.
If the above procedures do not correct the problem, it is recommended by the manufacturer to replace the drain pump
The "SUDS" error can be caused by too much detergent, improper detergent, drain pump/drain line problem, or pressure switch malfunction.
1. If you are not using HE detergent, you need to be. These washers are designed to use HE detergent which is formulated for wash tubs that use 5 to 7 gallons of water. If you use regular detergent, you are, in affect, placing a higher concentration of detergent in the washer that is normally formulated for wash tubs that have a 35 gallon capacity. The manufacturer should have a disclaimer in the owner's manual explaining this. In most cases this will also void your warranty. NOTE: Prolonged use of the wrong detergent can damage the drain pump components and or wash tub seals.
If you are using the correct detergent, double check the label to make sure it is not double (2X) or triple (3X) concentrated. You could still be placing too much soap in your wash.
To get rid of excessive detergent, place the washer on a RINSE & SPIN cycle, then run it through a normal wash cycle with NO detergent added. You may have to repeat these steps depending on the amount of detergent used.
2. If you do not have a detergent issue, double check the drain pump and drain lines to ensure they are not obstructed in any way. Click on the following link for step-by-step instructions:
Obstructions in the drain pump and/or drain lines can attribute to air getting trapped in the drain pump and cause the error code. Double check all electrical connections to the drain pump and Central Control Unit (CCU). You will need to remove the top panel of the washer to access the CCU. This is accomplished by removing the three screws in the back of the washer that hold the top panel in place. With the screws removed, slide the panel back, then off. The CCU is located directly behind the wash tub in the center of the washer. The Drain Pump connector will be the 6th connector (facing from the front L to R) in the center of the CCU.
3. Check the Pressure Switch to ensure it is good. The Pressure Switch is located to the right of the CCU as you are looking from the front. It is a small cylindrical shaped device with a connector plug and an air hose attached. The switch can be checked at several water levels by removing the plug and taking resistance readings at the connector pins. Readings are as follows:
(Pins are numbered R to L facing the from the REAR)
Pins 1 to 2 (SUDS Detect) – 0 ohms
Pins 3 to 4 (Overflow) – 0 ohms
Pins 4 to 5 (L1) – 0 ohms
Pins 4 to 6 (Empty) – 0 ohms
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
on Mar 30, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 26, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 11, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 11, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 05, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 21, 2007 | Hoover F5886-900 Steam Vacuum
Sep 06, 2007 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 16, 2007 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: