Tap the Nokia Menu Key
and choose Messaging
. Scroll down to Mailbox
click. You will be told ‘no mailbox defined. Define now?’ Choose Yes.
A wizard starts which walks you through the process. First choose
with the left selection key. Choose your mailbox type
using the scroll key and clicking to ensure the correct one is selected
with a dot to the left of its name. If you have webmail or an email
address from your Internet service provider, choose POP3. Click Next.
Type in your email address. Use the star key to pull up a symbols
list so you can choose the ‘@’ symbol and the 1 key for the dot. Choose Next.
Enter your incoming mail server then choose Next
your outgoing mail server then choose Next
. Now choose
your ‘access point’. The choices will depend on which operator you are
using at the time and you may need to ask your operator for the right
information. You can get the phone to ask you every time if that might
be useful. Make your selection then choose Next.
Now give this mailbox a name. Make it meaningful, something like
‘Gmail email’ if your email provider is Gmail, for example. When this
has been entered choose Finish
and you will be told
‘Mailbox setup complete. Settings can be viewed and edited in e-mail
settings’. Click OK.
Personalise the settings
Now you need to tell
the Nokia N95 how to behave when it is picking up and creating email.
When viewing the messaging main screen scroll to the mailbox you just
set up and click it to open it. Now choose Options
then E-mail settings
. From here there are several sets
of settings to make.
- Choose User settings.
- In the space under My name type your own name. This will be used to
identify you instead of your email address when the recipient device
- Under Send Messages click the scroll key to choose between sending
messages immediately they are created or at the next manual connection
- Under Send copy to self click the scroll key to choose between
copying yourself in to all emails sent or not
- Under Include Signature click the scroll key to choose whether you
want to include a pre-defined signature on all emails. If you choose
yes, you are asked to define the signature now.
- Under New email alerts click the scroll key to choose whether you
want the N95 to tell you when new email has arrived. This is useful if
you have chosen to retrieve emails automatically – see ‘automatic
- Choose Retrieval settings
- This is where you tell the phone how much of each email to retrieve.
You might want to retrieve less if you think you will end up spending a
lot on connection time. The choices are; to retrieve headers only, to
set a size limit on downloads, or to retrieve messages and their
- Choose Automatic Retrieval
- If you need to get your email regularly then you can set up the
phone to pick up messages at regular intervals. Choose Disabled if you
want to pick up email manually
- Choose Connection settings
- Here you can change any of the basic email settings such as incoming
and outgoing email servers and can give the phone your login password
Check out our Internet Settings page here