Question about Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp Trimmer/Edger
I have had my trimmer for several years now and this is the first time that it will not automatically feed the line. I use the pre-wound spools recommended for this model. Can it be fixed or do I need to buy a new trimmer?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: auto feed spool doesn't work
10 to 1 yours is doing what mine is, line comes out all over... I think there is a little spocket on the center shaft under the spool... When I replaced line I lost this part and know one shows this as a part on there web sites... I don't know what to do??????
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
It sounds like that the automatic line release is damaged.
1. Remove and clean all debris from the head. I assume that you have already done this if you have changed the line a few times, but just make sure.
2. Remove the the head from the shaft.
3. There should be a large spring in there. If its broken, damaged or missing that will allow the head to spool line pretty fast. again make sure all debris is removed from this area.
4. Check the feed dogs in the same area as the spring. If they are worn the same problem will occur.
5. Install line on the spool.Make sure that it is wound the proper direction. There should be arrows indicating this. The line wound in reverse will also cause the same problem as well.
6. Put it all back together and see if works now.
7. If this doesn't solve it you may need to replace the head assembly.
Posted on Jul 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2011 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Sep 14, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jul 31, 2010 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
Apr 06, 2010 | Black & Decker St7000 13'' Automatic Feed...
Aug 24, 2009 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jun 24, 2008 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
791 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: