Question about Proscan 26LB30QD 26 in. LCD HDTV
The various aspect ratio options worked at first, but then at some point they were automatically reset to a size where all options yield a picture that is too large for the screen size. Everything looks like "Zoom" mode and graphics are cut off at top and bottom of screen. The top and bottom grey bars disappeared from "Wide" mode, which now fills up the entire screen.
There could be a possibility that the screen resolution of your computer changes automatically. Once it changed automatically, the LCD monitor will be affected.
Since you mentioned that resetting the monitor does nothing, you may need to isolate the problem. Because, it could be the monitor or it could be the computer's screen resolution.
Here are the things that you need to do:
1. Try to use different monitor to see if you will get the same problem.
2. Connect the problem monitor into different computer to verify if there's a problem with the monitor.
If the problem follow the computer, follow the instructions:
FOR WINDOWS XP or VISTA:
1. Right-click the desktop screen and go to the Properties.
2. Go to the Settings tab and check the resolution
3. Set the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor (example: the monitor requires 1680x1050) you have to set the computer resolution to what the monitor is rquiring.
4. Click Apply to save the changes made.
5. Restart the computer.
If the problem follows the monitor:
1. Turn off the monitor for about 10 minutes.
2. Turn the monitor back ON and reset the monitor.
3. After the reset, turn it off again and give for about 2 minutes before turning the monitor back ON.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
Hey, this shouldn't be too hard to fix... go under like a set up menu... then click like screen size or screen width. or something along the lines of the picture's size.then you just resize it from there once you find the size settings its pretty self explanitory and straight foward...
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jan 15, 2014 | Televison & Video
Feb 24, 2013 | Samsung SP-M255W LCD Projector - HDTV -...
Jun 03, 2010 | Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U Plasma TV
Jan 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 30, 2005 | Kodak EasyShare DX7590 Digital Camera
Jan 05, 2016 | Proscan 26LB30QD 26 in. LCD HDTV
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: