When i bought the phone, i inserted my sim and my battery and turned on the phone function with no problems. about an hour later, the phone froze and i went to soft reset ( take battery out and put it back in) the phone function did not work anymore. any one with a solution to this?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When turning on your phone you may find a message requiring you to take a certain action before you can use the phone. If the message says "INSERT SIM," make sure the SIM card is installed in the phone or that it hasn't become loose. The SIM card is located in the battery compartment. Remove the battery cover and the battery. The SIM card should be located near the bottom of the phone under the metal hinge. Insert or secure the SIM card with the contacts facing down, reinsert the battery and batter cover, and turn your phone on again.
If the message reads "PHONE LOCK," the SGH U600's automatic locking function is enabled. Enter the phone's password to unlock the phone.
When using the phone for the first time, you will be prompted to enter a PIN. The PIN is given with the SIM card for your phone. Enter the PIN number exactly as given. You may also have the "PIN Check" feature enabled on your phone, which will require you to enter the PIN every time the phone is powered on. You can turn off "PIN Check" in the "Settings" menu.
A message asking you to enter a PUK means you attempted to enter the PIN number three times and failed. You must contact your service provider to get a PUK.
Try power cycling for the phone. Please follow the steps below:
1. Remove the battery from the phone while it's turned ON. 2. Remove the SIM card. 3. Leave the battery and the SIM card out for five (5) minutes. 4. Put the battery and the SIM back and turn the phone ON.
If same problem occurs, try using another SIM to isolate the problem. If same thing happen after trying another SIM, then the phone needs repair. You may need to contact the manufacturer.
Hi when you take that back cover off take out the battery and look for where the sim card is located. It will be very small and slid into a little holder. Take that SIM card out and make sure that the contacts on it line up with the contacts in its Holder. If the SIM is not in right it will always tell you Insert SIM. These phones rely on that SIM Card for the Information and Other Settings they need to work properly.
If you still get that Insert SIM message then it is possible that your phone was not Programmed Properly at the Place You Bought it. Take it to them and they will fix it Free.
Yesterday I also got the same problem on Samsung DUOS SGH-D780! I found temporary solution how to drop this error message and run the phone normally, but after next reboot it often become again. I will ask Samsung tech. support about this, but now here is the emergency solution:
1. Turn OFF the phone (by removing the battery) 2. Move out all the SIM cards from the phone 3. Insert the battery again (BUT DON'T TURN ON THE PHONE, just insert the battery) 4. Insert a charging cable into the phone and insert the adapter in wall outlet
(then I see the loading screen for the short time and after that CHARGING icon appears)
5. After that turn ON the phone. It will start in no-sim mode. 6. Turn OFF the phone 7. Remove battery, insert SIM-cards, insert the battery. 8. Turn ON the phone
After that it gonna be work good until next reloading...
The "insert sim" error is a common error. Usually it is caused from putting the sim in incorrectly.
Try this. If this is the one with the sim card ports that are on top of eachother than put the sim card in the port closest to the phone with the gold side pointing up.
Insert battery, turn on phone.
On the phone, go to the main menu. Tap phone settings. Tap dual sim settings. Tap to open sim 2. Go back to the main screen.
If that does not resolve go back to phone settings, tap dual sim settings, tap to open sim 1, go back to the main screen.
If this is the type of phone with the sim card ports seperate, insert sim with gold side down in either port. Go to phone settings, tap dual sim settings, tap open dual sims. Go back to main screen.
If this problem persists than either the phone or the sim is defective. Test the sim by putting it in a phone that belongs to the carrier the sim came from. If it works in that phone it is not the sim.
I bought this off ebay never worked for me,but try it you never know..............................
1. First do a CUSTOM reset: *2767*2878# (star 2767 star 2878 hash) turn off the phone 2. take out the battery and sim and put wrong network SIM and insert a half of it, so it won't ask for network password and shows "Insert SIM" message. Now put the battery ,and switch the phone on .(phone shows "Insert SIM" message.) 3.With out turning off the phone push the sim fully in. At this stage the phone is still asking to "Insert SIM" 4. Make a FULL reset by typing: *2767*3855#(star 2767 star 3855 hash) 5. The phone should reboot working with "wrong" sim inside. 6. Make a Change the NCK password to 8 zeros by typing: *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# (star 7465625 star 638 star 8zeros star 8zeros hash) 7. Now Disable network lock By typing: #7465625*638*00000000# (hash 7465625 star 638 star 8zeros hash) Phone is unlocked (check with *#7465625#)
try removing the battery, removing the sim, plug in the charger -> try turn on.
Insert battery (no sim), plug charger -> try turn on
Remove charger -> try turn on
Insert sim/battery/charger -> try turn on.