Question about GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel Electric Double Oven
I have a GE Monogram dual oven/convection oven with touch screen panel (ZEK756GP/ZEK757WP). I get the F1 beeping for about 10 seconds, it's stops for about a minutes and starts the sequence over again. Only the CLEAR and TIMER buttons work on the panel, no other buttons respond. I have the panel off and unplugged the white ribbon cable to prevent power to the panel. Any suggestions as to home repair or do I have to call a repairman out to fix it. Thanks.
Usually, the F1 means that either the touch pad or the oven control (also called
clock or ERC) is defective and needs to be replaced. If this fault code
cannot be canceled, replace the oven control (also called clock or ERC),
touch pad, or both.
I recommend a service call for this repair.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
F1 Error indicates a bad control board and the control board
(electronic control) should be replaced to solve this issue. Hope this
helps...please post back for further assistance.
Sep 19, 2011 | Ovens
Feb 28, 2011 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 18, 2010 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Aug 08, 2009 | Ovens
May 26, 2009 | GE Monogram® ZMC1095BFBB /...
May 17, 2009 | GE Monogram® ZMC1095BFBB /...
Apr 20, 2009 | GE Monogram® ZEK958 Electric Double...
May 13, 2014 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
1,072 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: