Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Enabling DMZ:
1. On the left side of the setup page, click on the WAN Setup under Advanced tab.
2. Check the Default DMZ Server and specify the IP address of your computer.
3. Click on the Apply button.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Nov 29, 2010 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Sep 16, 2010 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 09, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Jun 09, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 15, 2009 | Belkin F5D8631-4 Router (F5D8631au4A)
Apr 21, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 24, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps...
Oct 08, 2007 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: