Can some one advise me why 2 Laptops out 7 have all of a sudden today deicided not to show up the Company Wifi,
The other 5 laptops see the wireless network, and are connected and using the internet.
But i have a HP and Acer, all with XP Pro SP3 Installed and still not seeing the required wifi but others are in the list., the laptop works at home on their personal wifi.
Ive Tried uninstalling wifi card drivers etc and reinstalling them an no difference.
I've recenly read some where is could be wifi channel,if so how come these laptops have been working for 6months
Ive been into services area and disabled windows wireless service,
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Cant See Preferred Wifi or Connect,
Having gone so far, I think the next thing you should do now is to get to the wireless properties and then assign an IP Address, Subnet mask and the Default Gateway for the Internet and you will be amazed to be connected. If you have not disabled and enabled the wireless device you may do that before proceeding to the step above. The pc should be restarted after the exercise ok. Good luck
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well, I may be an 18 yr. old and I may be no wiz but I'm big into computers and there are several solutions to this. 1) If there is a password put in the wi-fi, you need to: have a device in which will be able to put in the type of security and/or put in the EXACT password. 2) Make sure it is YOUR wi-fi you're trying to connect to. And 3) If 1 and 2 don't work, contact the company of which your wi-fi was bought from. I hope this explaination was helpful for your problem.
try to put it back to the same place where you took it, if it work, it means that the place where you moved it might have poor signal and if thats the case, i advise you to put a wifi repeater/extender near that wireless printer
try to do the below troubleshooting :
1) Boot up your netbook.
2) Login to windows. wait until windows finish loading.
3) Make suer your WiFi is enable. Search for the button of keyboard shortcut like 'fn' + 'f2' (wifi symbol).
4) Search for wifi network nearby.
5) connect to one of them.
6) Usually, public enable wifi is using a DHCP setup. Go to you wifi adapter setup page and make sure it's already on DHCP mode.
7) You should be able to connect to the wifi network (public DHCP enable) by now.
8) If you still can't connect to the wifi, means its not a public DHCP enable network or you got a wifi adapter problem.
Good luck ;)
You need to remove all your existing preferred wireless connection from your Network and sharing Center by clicking the manage wireless networks and removing each one by right-clicking each and select remove.
In xp, open view available networks and click the change advanced settings and remove all existing preferred networks then try to connect again to the wireless network you're trying to connect.
first off it would be helpful to know some more details, do you know the answers to these questions? also i assume you are connecting to a wifi router in your home network.
1) is there a password for the wireless network you must configure?
2) what operating system are you using?
3) if the OS is windows, do you know if you are using the wireless network settings panel that is part of windows, or does it have another brand name when you click on the wireless or network icon?
some possible causes i can think of are:
1) settings got reset and it cant connect without a password or confirmation to join an unsecured network
2) a new network popped up near the one computer that doesnt work and is being preferred due to signal strength although it is not a valid choice for you to get online
3) in the case of windows, software provided by the wireless hardware manufacturer is fighting with the windows wireless configuration
4) the wifi card in the computer is broken