Question about Maytag MAH6700AWW Neptune Front-Load Washer
In the middle of the wash cycle, the washer stopped working. It won't spin, or agitate, its just dead.
Have u tried looking at ur brushes on ur motor sometime they can where out i had this problem and it worked 4 me have a quick look see if it is that if the brushes are low or not der den try replacing dem and give it a second try.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Was this solution helpful? Show your Appreciation by rating it:
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
Some lid switches have a safety switch built into it for kid safety.The lid may start or click but the other one could be bad. If this is the case the solution is to change it out with a similiar one.
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
I have one these washers and it just stopped working, it does hum though. hums and does not spin drain or agitate.
i wiuld love to know how to remove the back panel so i can check the belts.
Posted on Dec 16, 2007
You don't say if it is a top loader or a front loader. I'm going to go with top loader. Check your lid switch. if that has gone bad the machine will sit there and look stupid
Posted on Oct 24, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2015 | Washing Machines
Nov 02, 2015 | Washing Machines
May 16, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
If the cycle won't complete then either it's a problem with the timer or a cold-water supply problem:-
If your washing machine fills with water and begins agitating, but the timer never advances--or if the washer is in a spin cycle and the timer won't advance. Then you need to replace the timer.
It may be a cold-water supply problem, if the washing machine fills with water, agitates, drains, and spins, but then doesn't fill with rinse water.
Please check the link to get some more idea:-
Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Thank you for contacting fixya.com
Jul 07, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jun 22, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Feb 21, 2009 | Roper RAS8445KQ Top Load Washer
Dec 28, 2008 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Oct 02, 2016 | Maytag MAH6700AWW Neptune Front-Load...
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!