Question about RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV

1 Answer

The female cable connector on the back of the tv broke off

I was screwing my cable wire into the back of the tv when the female connector broke off. Is this fixable?

Posted by on

  • bernaeqt Jun 02, 2009

    OMG!!! Thank you sooooooooooo much!! You just saved this girl's day.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,559 Answers

Yes,you could also use RCA cords from the cable box to the tv and bypass that by selecting the video channel that you hook the rca's to

Posted on Jun 02, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Female coax connector broke on vizio smart t.v.can i buy an adapter or reroute out of cable box to t.v.

If the cable box has an HDMI or video output, use one of them to connect to the TV instead. The female coax connector is not easily repaired and you can't reroute or adapt anything to fix it. You will need to replace the TV main board if the HDMI/video connection is not an option.

May 05, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video

1 Answer

Need the adapter for the non standard cable connector on the back of 940mw


Your Samsung SM940MW supports multiple TV and video signal formats including NTSC, PAL, and SECAM making it multi-system.

The aerial/cable input follows the European standards. What you described as "screw on connector that has a female center" is better known as a "PAL" connector whereas the US uses the "FP". What you need then is a female FP-5 to male PAL adapter.

This page would list most of the common adapters for such a purpose. Perhaps you can print it out and show to the salesperson when you go looking for one.

Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned out or should you need additional information.

Good luck and kind regards.

Nov 12, 2007 | Samsung SyncMaster 940MW 19 in. LCD...

1 Answer

How do I connect the coaxial cable?

This is quite simple. Your wall box is a male connector. The TV input is a female one. Make a cable with resp; female and a male connector. Unless the wall box has a 'screw on' connector. (FC10 f.i.) Then you need this special item and/or crimp tools in order to fit this FC type connector to the coax cable. Not simple.

Oct 12, 2014 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a RCA 52"

This happens all the time. It just might be fixable. This connector is known as the "f" connector or female coaxal connector. Most average electronics technician can fix them. This connector is attached to a component called the tuner. The tuner is what takes the signal and selects the channel the tv recieves. To replace the connector it means removeing the cuircit board that the tuner is on and then removeing the tunner, disasembling the tuner. Now until you find a good tech, there is another option... take an vcr and use the rca inputs on set. essitally tunning the set through the vcr. Now you will have to change channels through the vcr. but it will work. also there is a chance that the tuner might be damaged. just depends on the damage that occured when the connector was broke off..,let me know if you need any more help

Jun 03, 2011 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

A friend gave me 50fx48b projection tv from his bar. I got it home and noticed the coax cable was somehow ripped out taking the screw part that goes into the tv with it. Can it be fixed and if so what are...

If all that's wrong is the coax jack on the back of the TV is missing, you need a "female panel mount "F" connector". You should be able to buy it at Radio Shack. How to connect it to the remaining wire will depend on how the internal wiring was done. If you aren't handy, and there is still a stump of cable showing, you might be better off buying a cable with a female end, cutting it off and then splicing the cable end to what's left in your TV. Look for YouTube videos on splicing coax cable. Either way, you will have to understand how to handle the center conductor and the shield. If you wind up working inside the TV, make sure you thoroughly understand what you're doing to avoid injury.

May 30, 2011 | Hitachi 50FX48B 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

The signal connector came out back of T.V. Where abouts on back do I put it back in?

hope you mean the cable is disconnected, and not the outside threaded male connector that came as part of the t-v! if that's broken off, could be complicated to replace. if it's the cable (female, inside threaded- electronics can be a bit sexist at times!) then look at the back for 'cable or antenna in' carefully re-attach the female to the male connector. it can become frustrating to get them aligned properly. make sure the copper wire in the center of the female connector is straight!! so it fits properly!
be patient! if it's a 'push on', makes it easier, but not as secure. if it seems loose, a gentle 'squeeze' with pliers can tighten it up, very gentle!!
good luck!

Sep 09, 2009 | Panasonic TH37PX60 37 in. Plasma...

1 Answer

Broken cable connector in the back of JVC tv

if the remaining piece was not part
of the PC board , which is light yellow
theres a good chance with a soldering iron
and a new female coax from radio shack
you could do it . or pay a shop 75.00 to
reinstall one for you.

Jun 30, 2009 | Televison & Video

2 Answers

Speaker wire to coaxial cable

Yes ! all you have to do is go to radio shack and tell them you want a coaxil to RCA adapter (screw coaxial into wallplate and plug RCA end into sub and your all set!)
Please rate answers and help keep this site FREE!
Thank You

Dec 28, 2008 | JVC SP-PW100 Subwoofer

2 Answers

Cable in connection


Most TV models/cable providers uses the F type of coaxial connector as shown below. 7c21c7e.jpg
However, some versions intended for other regions (Europe & Middle East) uses the PAL type of connector likewise shown below.
If your model uses the latter and your cable provider uses the F type, what you need is a straight F type Female to PAL Male adapter. Or it could even be just the other way around.
They are available in most electronic parts/supply store or online. You can try here, here or here.

Hope that this be of idea/help. Pls post back how things turned up, r should you need additional information and/or if your cable connectors are of different types. A photo of the connectors would be nice.

Good luck and kind regards.

Jan 06, 2008 | iLO 3200 32 in. LCD Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA TruFlat  27F520T 27" TV Logo

Related Topics:

394 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75304 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1216 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides