Problem with Office 2007 cannot install it error during setup no error code help am desperate
I started having a problem this morning with opening Microsoft Office 2007, it says the program isnt installed and that I should get the software cd to do so, i did, but it doesnt work. I removed the software and then ran the installation again, and it still didnt work, then i tried on the repair option that comes with the software but i keep getting the same error message. Any ideas?? Thanks :) i cannot install it says error during setup no error code why
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You install disk is corrupt (probably from a scratch on the disk), you can download a new copy to burn, making sure it passes the MD5 checksum after download is complete (and use your key during installation).
the best thing "try to reinstall ms office" because of "a problem during install", and while installing new one make sure of "customized install" process. Again if you got the same, try to use "specify" the log file "error message", I do wait for your reply.. have fine
It can be very aggravating to reinstall Office; you probably need to use the free removal tool that Microsoft provides for situations like yours. It may have nothing to do with Office 2007 and everything to do with whatever else you added via Add/Remove Programs. My best advice is patience; Office12 is huge, and takes a long time to put all its junk in there; Microsoft will walk you through it if you have patience with their tech support folks and time to wait on hold to reach someone. The good news is they get paid to sit with frustrated folks like you. If you can be more sprcific what the error message(s) say(s) that will help whomever could help you get to the root cause of your issue(s).
When you try to start a Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003 program, you may receive the following error message or an error message that is similar to the following:
Error 25090. Office Setup encountered a problem with the Office Source Engine, system error: -2147023836. Please open SETUP.CHM and look for "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve this problem.
CAUSE This behavior occurs when the following conditions are true:
* Two people installed Office on the same computer. * Both installations were completed by using the AllUsers="" parameter to set the installation for the installing user account only. * When both people were prompted to remove files that were copied locally at the end of Setup, both people did not remove the files. * One of the two people removed Office.
RESOLUTION To resolve this behavior, start the Setup program for Office. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Microsoft Office 2003 CD in your CD drive or DVD drive. 2. If the Setup program does not start automatically, locate the Setup.exe file on the CD, and then double-click the file to start Setup. 3. After the Setup window appears, cancel Setup, and then respond to the prompts to exit Setup.
Note: You do not have to complete the Setup program. Setup fixes the error condition when it is first invoked.