Question about Kingston 2GB Secure Digital Memory Card
I cant move my files from my computer to my flash drive because it says that my flash drive is write protected.. how can i fix this?please i need your help tnx I have a 2gb Kingston microSD card that I am trying to add music files to for use in my sansa e200 series mp3 player. I used Windows Media Player and got a sync error simply stating that "WMP cannot sync the file to the device". The card does show up properly in my computer and my mp3 player. I tried formatting it on my computer based on instructions on Kingston's website, but I got a message saying it was write-protected. Please help! Thanks.
This seems to be the problem of most of us
these days and some of our readers who wanted to know the methods how
they can remove the Write Protected error from their USB drives like Pen Drives and memory cards.
What is Write Protected error and why it happens?
In the Write Protected error, we can’t write or copy any data in our flash drives and even can’t format the drive.
There are many reasons that cause this problem, let’s see solutions of them.
• First of all try to locate a small switch (if any, that you may have not noticed) at some place on the drive or memory card reader. This is the prime reason for this error. If there is one, switch it to the other side to turn the protection off.
• Yes I know this problem is also occurring these days without this switch but not to worry. Just download this helpful software form here
and run it to execute a “low-level format” on the drive. This software is quite handy and may take few attempts to actually remove the error.
• The problem can also be caused by some virus activity so just get it scanned by some updated good anti virus which may solve your problem.
• BUT if none of the methods listed above solves your problem then your pen drive might have gone corrupted, so just get it replaced.
Hope any of the methods listed above solves your problem.
After the low level format, you may need to “Partition the drive“. Dont worry, partitioning a pen drive means allocating it its File System and Cluster Size that was lost after the Low Level Format.
Click OK and the drive will be reusable after this.
Update 2 (Better Solution):
Follow the steps in this post and just put the value 0 (zero) in step 5.
This will surely solve your problem now.
rate me and vote me..
Posted on Jan 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2011 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
Write Protection on any portable USB Device can be applied by the physical lock provided on the card adjuster or some times provided on the pen drives, so make sure to make your drive not write protected by moving the lock in right direction.
But even after moving the physical lock for write protection the problem can happen due to some virus action. This happens when some virus or script which applies the registry hack to make any drive write protect when connected to the computer, In that case follow the procedure below to remove write protection from your pen drive.
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to the following path:
Note: If the registry key StorageDevicePolicies key does not exist, you will need to create it
Download this batch file called add.bat from here, and double click after download the key will be automatically added to registry.
3. Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0 in the Value Data Box and press OK button
4. Exit Registry, restart your computer and then again re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer. That is it, done.
Jan 14, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Jan 06, 2011 | Verbatim CORPORATION 94933 USB 2.1GB...
Jan 01, 2010 | Electronics - Others
May 30, 2009 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Mar 28, 2009 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
Feb 16, 2009 | BUSlink Electronics - Others
Oct 18, 2008 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
Sep 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 06, 2008 | Electronics - Others
1,222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: