Question about Iomega (33215) 250 GB Hard Drive
My iomega hard drive just stopped working. The power light is on and its making some weird noise but it will not connect to my desktop or laptop computer I have a similar problem, the external hard drive is not being recognised, i've tried restarting, plugging in and out, hitting, etc. still no luck. PLEASE HELP!!!
Clicking sound on an external hard drive is an indication that it's quiting to work. You mentioned that it's just stopped working, you may need to check the Disk Management of your computer to see if you could still reformat it. To do this, please follow the steps below:
FOR WINDOWS XP AND VISTA:
1. Make sure that the HD is properly connected to the computer.
2. Right-click 'My Computer' or 'Computer' folder and then go to "Manage".
3. Locate and click Disk Management.
4. Then, take note of the drive letters that will appear on the screen.
5. While the Disk Management window is opened, unplug the HD and check which drive letter will disappear.
6. If a drive letter disappears, then that is your external 250GB HD. You may reformat it to make it work again.
NOTE: Reformatting the HD will erase all the files saved in it. You may want to bring your HD in any data recovery center to retrieve the important files. If the HD didn't show up under your Disk Management, then there's nothing that we could do but to bring your HD in to the Data Recovery to save the files.
FOR MACINTOSH OSX:
1. Connect your HD to the computer.
2. Click 'Go' (located near the Apple icon, Finder, File, Edit and View).
3. Select Utilities and then click the Disk Utility Icon.
4. Take note the drive letters and then unplug the HD.
If a drive letter disappears, that's your HD. If nothing disappears, then the computer no longer detecting the HD.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2014 | MSI Computers & Internet
Apr 24, 2012 | Iomega Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2011 | Iomega Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Dec 18, 2008 | Iomega (33215) 250 GB Hard Drive
Feb 04, 2008 | LaCie d2 Extreme with Triple Interface...
Dec 10, 2007 | Iomega (32885) CD-RW Burner
Sep 16, 2017 | Iomega (33215) 250 GB Hard Drive
854 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: