I cannot connect my mp3 player, USB disk or my camera to my HP Pavilion laptop (Vista) but they will work on my desktop. How do I repair my USB ports? I do not get any indications other than three low notes when usually I get a low note and a high note when something connects.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The actual MP3 player should display a USB connection on the screen, if not, I would say its a connection issue (bad USB cable), my guess is your using a laptop, a lot of laptops disable their USB power options, you probably need to re-enable your USB ports, if desktop, it should show a USB connection on MP3, if not, battery or cable issue.
Go to device manager...
If you are using windows XP/ Vista...
Right click My computer and choose properties -> Hardware and device manger, (Vista) Start -> Start Search -> type device manager .
Click on the USB dev ice or any camera devices available there Right click on the camera device and go to properties. In the tabs which is available you will have an option called ' Roll back driver'. If you click on that then the driver update will be uninstalled.
1. goto desktop, right click on my computer and press manage.
2. goto the device manager, find the usb devices / ports.
3. Make sure you are useing a ps2 mouse / keyboard since if your mouse/keyboard is connected to usb they will stop working untill your pc is restarted and the devices are reinstalled.
4. Uninstall all usb devices.
5. after all usb devices are uninstalled reboot the pc.
If the problem is with your drivers ( your pc detects the mp3 player but no drivers found) Download the newest drivers for your product and operateing system from the vendors website.