Question about Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
I cant get in to the network centre settings and i have no wireless icon my wireless won't work, and i can't get into my nework settings. can anyone help?
Found this on the web and it worked for me.
"Follow this then restart and everything should come back to normal. It took me 3 minutes and worked fine.
This is to find and delete the networking folder (which is causing the problem):
1. From the regular Aspire One options page, go to the Files panel
2. Click on the triangle to see more icons
3. Click on MyFiles, which opens a file manager window.
4. In the menu bar, select View->Hidden files, to show a tick in the box. You should be in the "My Disk:///" directory.
5. Scroll down until you find folder "gconf" and then click on that
6. Find folder "system" and click on that
7. You should now see folder "networking" listed as one of the folders.
8. DELETE IT! (Right click on the networking folder, and select option delete.)
I just restarted from here and the icon re appeared in bottom right the menu bar, I just clicked on it to set it up with my wifi signal and it did the rest itself."
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2015 | Packard Bell Computers & Internet
Jan 23, 2010 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Dec 08, 2009 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Dec 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
May 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Apr 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Sep 10, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Sep 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: