Question about Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Desktop Telephone
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
I have 2001 Fat Boy 90000 miles My check engin light comes on when i get up to 75 80 mph Be for I take it in to H.D. shop is their any thing I cac check?
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
Have not worked on an HD but my thoughts and additional guesses would be:
1. fuel contamination (water at bottom of tank);
2. primary pump (in my case it was inside the fuel tank & might not be present in your bike);
3. fuel lines & clamps to & from primary pump or to the carbs;
4. in line filters;
5. vacuum controlled fuel valve (oppose to the usual manual petcock)
6. if it were the MAP sensor, bike wouldn't even run a block away + idling would be rough;
7. by chance are you using a Power Commander?
Also your post "bike will start and run fine for a few blocks then die" indicates that indeed fuel got into the carbs before but not when running meaning the bike used what was inside the bowl and was not replenished. Alternately, the fuel flow to the carbs might not be sufficient and there is a leak or a blockage somewhere.
As said might not work for your bike but has come across some of the above on numerous occasions.
Good luck and Kind regards.
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2011 | NexxTech 4318570 Corded Phone
Dec 24, 2010 | Panasonic KXDT333 Phone
Jun 04, 2010 | AT&T Partner 18 Phone (315805B)
Dec 29, 2009 | Vtech 5.8GHz Cordless Phone with Digital...
Dec 13, 2009 | Phones
Oct 20, 2008 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jul 17, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
Jan 03, 2008 | Phones
Nov 16, 2007 | Siemens Gigaset 8825 Cordless Phone
1,209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: