Question about Linksys BEFSX41 Router (DHBEFSX41)
If you can comprehend the grammar used by "rocker ramji" then you will have the physical portion of your connection made. To make sure the devices sync up, power down the modem, router and PC. Turn them on one by one starting with the cable modem, then router, then the PC. It is imperative to wait for each to have the correct steady-state indicator lights before powering up the next device in each case. One more problem indicative of Comcast is the need to clone the MAC address of the Cable modem. This is usually done with your browser, accessing the software setup features within the router. As every router uses different procedures for this, you will need the reference/manual info for your particular brand to clone the MAC address.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
Run a cable from comcast to the the inter net slot on the linksys make sure the cable color should not a gray one use blue ,yellow,green>and reboot the boxes>and connect another cable from pc to teh one of the ether net port on the linksys u can see 4 choose any one>and check every thing will work>rate me if its help full if its not let me know will help u
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Mar 21, 2010 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Dec 25, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Dec 01, 2009 | D-Link Vonage-enabled Wireless Router...
Feb 26, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Dec 10, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Nov 15, 2008 | ASUS WL-500B Wireless Router
Feb 03, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
May 12, 2012 | Linksys BEFSX41 Router (DHBEFSX41)
Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys BEFSX41 Router (DHBEFSX41)
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!