Hi... I have a leapster whose stylus and screen aren't responding well to each other. For example, in color corral, you can color at the top of the screen, but can't select any tool changes at the bo
Hi... I have a leapster which we purchased on march, 2008.Recently, the screen doesnot seem to respond for the stylus. but the button works well. what can we do to fix it? [i live in indonesia] Leapster stylus recalibration: Won't respond to the center crosshair touch. The first four in the corners work fine, but then I can't get anything else to happen. I've turned it off and tried again, but had the same problem. Any suggestions?
Re: Hi... I have a leapster whose stylus and screen...
Call up Leapster (c/s I reached was not in USA) and they will have you send in your Leapster and send you back a new or refurbished one. I was told this a few years ago, but never mailed it in. We had an issue with it shutting off, but seems to be ok? The kid's don't complain.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The following are instructions for calibrating the
Leapster handheld.(1) Insert a cartridge, turn the unit on and wait for
the sign-in screen to appear.(2) Hold down the Home, Hint and B buttons
simultaneously.(3) When the screen changes, press the A button.(4)
Using the Stylus, touch the center of the targets............hope this what u wanted.......DT
If your Leapster 2 will turn on, but the touch screen is not responding to the stylus, try re-calibrating the stylus with the screen using the steps below:
1. Turn your Leapster 2 off, and remove the game cartridge.
2. Hold down the 'hint' button while the game is off. The 'hint' button is the middle small button in the row of three above the directional pad on the left, with a '?' on it.
3. With your finger still firmly on the 'hint' button, turn the Leapster 2 back on. Keep your finger on the 'hint' button.
4. The screen should be displaying the calibration screen. You can release the 'hint' button now.
5. Press the 'A' button on the right to enter the calibration screen.
6. A small '+' sign will appear on the screen. Touch it with the stylus. A new '+' sign will appear. Touch this with the stylus too, and repeat for as many '+' signs as your Leapster 2 throws at you.
7. The screen will return to the calibration screen. You can now turn the machine off. Leave the cartridge out of the console, and turn it back on.
8. Your stylus and touch screen should now be working, enabling you to sign in as usual.
9. If it is working correctly then you can turn it off, add a game cartridge and turn it back on
Thank you for using fixya! I hope I had helped you with your problem. May you have a good day!
I had the same problem. I tried to clean it, brush out crumbs,
gently "bleed" it and so on until I saw Quebol96's answer to the same problem: www.fixya.com/support/t3077478-leapster_will_not_recognize_pen_first
Quebol96's solution worked perfectly!
From Quebol96: Answer
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to
be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy: 1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted2) Hold down the Hint (?) button while turning the unit on.
Continue to hold the Hint button down until the LEAPSTER menu appears.3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus5) Restart unit
Answer I had the same problem and here is the answer I found
at leapfrog.com which fixed my daughter’s disney princess leapster 2’s
problem. Good luck!
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy:
1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted
2) Hold down the Hint (?) button while turning the unit on. Continue to
hold the Hint button down until the LEAPSTER menu appears.
3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button
4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus
5) Restart unit
If you don't see any X's then you have to clean the screen very well with some Windex and dry it well. Take any crumbs out of the screen edges and then "milk" the screen with the thumb gently. What happens is that the digitizer gets pressure areas built up so you want to dislodge it. You might need 3-4 "milking" tries. By milking I mean pressing on the screen with the thumb (gently) till you see the screen "bleed."
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy: 1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted2) Hold down the Hint button while turning the unit on3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus5) Restart unit