Question about Philips DVDR3450H DVD Recorder/HDD Recorder
Wont open or close keeps saying blocked I have the same problem - mine is a Philips DVDR3450H. The drawer won't open and it says "blocked". Can't see a manual eject button anywhere. Can anyone help?
I had the same problem with a comparable device. It turned out that the drive belt that operates the ejection mechanism wears out or breaks.
To get at it you need to do the following:
1. remove device cover
2. remove the identification cover on the front of the DVD tray. This may be tricky if you can't open the tray. You need to find a way, because otherwise you can't remove the DVD unit, at least not on my unit.
3. remove the DVD unit by detaching the cables and removing four screws.
4. remove the two top screws on the DVD unit
5. remove the front top cover of the DVD unit by pushing the two tabs on the top of the unit, near thDrawer won't open. Says "blocked". - 97937cf.jpg />
6. Now remove the tray, by pulling it out as far as it goes and then pressing two tabs on eitheDrawer won't open. Says "blocked". - a848231.jpghe tray. These tabs look like this:
7. Now you get at the drive belt. OrigiDrawer won't open. Says "blocked". - 10ced45.jpgs black; I replaced it (temporarily) with a red one in the picture below:
8. Now put everything back together.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Bedankt voor deze simpele, maar doeltreffende oplossing. Een snaartje uit een oude DVD speler/brander gehaald en deze verwisseld met de uitgerekte/versleten snaar.
Posted on Aug 29, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello Dan, thank you for your post!
I understand that the bottom drawer of your Electrolux range will not close and it partially open. It is possible that your rail or drawer may be damaged or blocked. I would recommend pulling the drawer out to inspect it. If you pull the drawer out there should be tabs on the side to unlock in order to remove the drawer fully. The model number you have provided is invalid you can locate the model number on the serial tag. The serial tag can be found on the frame of the drawer. I look forward to assisting you. -Matt
Dec 25, 2015 | Electrolux 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Feb 07, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 18, 2013 | Konica Minolta Copier Toner EP6001 CS Pro...
Jul 30, 2011 | Philips DVDR3450H DVD Recorder/HDD...
Mar 07, 2009 | Philips DVDR3450H DVD Recorder/HDD...
Jan 29, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Nov 26, 2008 | Philips Televison & Video
Jan 14, 2008 | Televison & Video
Nov 19, 2006 | Teac PD-H300 CD Player
1,813 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: