Question about Sony ECM-44B Lavaliere Microphone Microphone
I've opened a couple up. There's a little transformer inside. The mics I have with no visible wire damage, and which have either intermittent or permanent outage, I suspect have transformer failure. But this is just an educated guess.
How does one test that transformer? All I have to test them is a little multimeter, but I don't know how to use it. I assume its a matter of "Set the meter to ____, touch the positive tip to ___ and the negative tip to ____, and if the meter reads _____, then it's bad." Is it safe to just assume that the transformer is the problem? There's a little diode at the other end of the barrel. How would I test that, before I go replacing the transformer?
It has been my experience that the wires going into the amplifier assembly is broken. What I do is cut the wire about 2 inched from the strain relief, remove the old wires from the amplifier and reterminate the amplifier. This fixes 90% of my problems. The other 10% is a broken wire at the microphone end of the cable. This cannot be fixed as the cabling has been injection molded.
Posted on Dec 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2014 | AKG SolidTube Professional Microphone
Jul 21, 2011 | Marshall MXL-V69-MEDT Microphone
Oct 07, 2010 | Sony ECM-44B Lavaliere Microphone...
Oct 06, 2010 | Shure 55SH Series II Professional...
May 13, 2010 | AKG Perception 220 Professional Microphone
May 06, 2010 | Marshall MXL 2001-P Professional...
Sep 03, 2008 | Sony ECM-MS907 Professional Microphone
Aug 10, 2008 | Sony ECM-77 Professional Microphone
Jun 12, 2007 | Sony One-Point ECM-MS907 Consumer...
Oct 03, 2006 | Sony ECM-MS957 Professional Microphone
Mar 25, 2013 | Sony ECM-44B Lavaliere Microphone...
May 16, 2010 | Sony ECM-44B Lavaliere Microphone...
349 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: