Question about Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Car GPS Receiver
At startup 90% of the time the screen freezes at the Pioneer logog and will respond to no input at all. The Sirius radio plays at the last station tuned in - I have NPR forever now! The other 10% of the time it starts normally and ll is well. For $2,000 I expected better. Any ideas? Screen either black or stuck on pioneer startup screen. Sometimes works. reset doesn't help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Pioneer AVIC-N3 Problem
Sounds like you are having a problem with the ribbon cable from the screen to the board .you can find the cable at many places even in Ebay .Usually the price is around $60.00.
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
My pos just did this today after I got in a hot car (had windows up for security).
Briefly displayed the PIONEER default splash screen, LED lighting was the default ... light/bright pink (to match pioneer?).
Then screen goes black, then backlight gets fully dimmed and LED dims to darks white (R,01G,01B01)
Wouldn't really respond to anything... but plays CD in background.
I had a brainstorm while sitting in my car at ACC (ignition) and reading the lame online TS guide.
I turned my car to ON and put the gear shift in REVERSE.
The screen flashed to the password, and flashed black again....
Some how the system stablelized after some time and I resurrected it*.
* After tinkering I found ALL settings except the NAV data/settings had been lost.
In addition I believe corruption has occured in the memory holding the voice data. TTS... that phone thing voice command wont display when i press down on the Multi-nav? dial. Also system crashes when I try to access language settings. Sometimes a Windows CE error message bled thru reporting a fatal application error. Illegal operation request...
Hope this helps. I think my POS is going back to cartoys before my 30days is up.
Posted on Jun 13, 2009
My AVIC-F900BT was stuck on one channel and wouldn't change. There was no sound. Radio head detected Satelitte system, but no buttons worked. Found on the internet a solution that worked for me. I disconnnect the battery terminals for 5 minutes and then connected them. When the system rebooted, the Sirius radio worked fine. I'm posting this hopeing it will help someone.
Posted on Apr 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 08, 2010 | Eclipse AVN5500 Car DVD Player
Sep 17, 2010 | Sirius Car Audio & Video
Apr 22, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
May 25, 2009 | Digital Products International ILIVE...
Mar 28, 2009 | Xact Communication XTR1 SIRIUS Radio...
Oct 25, 2007 | Sirius Satellite Radio Sirius SIR-ALP1...
Aug 25, 2007 | Pioneer SIR-PNR2 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Aug 21, 2007 | Rio SIRIUS Starmate Replay Receiver
Aug 13, 2007 | Eclipse SIR-ECL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
301 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!