Question about Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 500GB External USB 2.0/FireWire 400 Hard Drive
How to get maxtor one touch 4 plus 250 to work on vista
Check the disk management MMC - it's likely that you have another drive letter that is conflicting with the Maxtor.
1. Right Click on the Computer Icon (or in the menu),
2. click on Managment,
3. look for Disk Management(on the left side) and click on that.
4. This will show you all the installed HD's that you have.
Your main HD is probably called Disk 0. IF there are any other HD's listed they will probably be labled "removeable", if it doesn't have a drive letter assigned to it do the following:
1. Right click on the Disk (X) that does not have a drive letter. (it should be a "Removable Drive")
2. Select Change drive letter and Paths.
3. Choose a drive letter from the list that is not used, I suggest W or Z just to be sure.
4. After you do that it should come up in My Computer as an available drive.
IF the External Drive is not listed then you need to change the USB port or try it on another PC to see if it works there.
Posted on May 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2012 | Maxtor Computers & Internet
Jun 02, 2017 | Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 500GB External USB...
Mar 22, 2010 | Seagate Maxtor 750GB One Touch 4 Plus...
Nov 03, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 500GB External USB...
Oct 27, 2009 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Mar 20, 2009 | Televison & Video
Mar 22, 2017 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Jul 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: