Question about Garmin GPS
The unit includes two removable data cards: one with a jeppesen database (left card slot) and the second is a Ter- rain database (right card slot)
Ter failure, the unit either failed to read the datacard in the terrain slot, its not working, contents are corrupt or theres another problem related to the card or the data inside.
So the unit stops and doesn't read the next card.
try reinserting the card, try turning the unit on without the card and then place the card back in.
there is a restore defaults option in the menus. Most garmin units also have a reset button on the unit somewhere.
if the problem is not solved
it would be best if you contact garmin directly when possible:
Posted on May 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2014 | EliteGroup GeForce6100PM-M2 Motherboard
Aug 31, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
"Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit."
Procedure from http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
Apr 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Apr 18, 2010 | Netopia 3-D Reach (TER/GUSB-N1)...
Apr 09, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 06, 2010 | HP Photosmart C8180 InkJet Printer
Jan 12, 2010 | Radio Shack Pro-2096 Base Scanner
Aug 03, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: