Question about Moen 87530 Touch Control Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with Protoge Side Spr...

1 Answer

Can't tighten single handle moehn kitchen faucet

The base of the faucet is lose. (Ie., when pulling on the handle the faucet moves, also the rectangular base can be twisted) Undernieth the sink, there is no central bolt; only a metal plate with a circular plate undernieth it. Top side, I don't know if I am supposed to take the faucet apart to be able to tighten the base.

Any suggestions?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 332 Answers

There is supposed to be a nut with a washer under the sink in the center, the metal plate is just for decoration, the nut and washer have to be installed before the sprayer is attached the stem that it connects to has threads on it for the nut your faucet should have came with a long socket made of plastic to install the nut

Posted on May 30, 2009

  • peppertr33 May 30, 2011

    The three screws continuously loosen. The faucet is less than one year old. I'm tired of crawling under the sink with a screwdriver to tighten the screws!



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I remove the cold water faucet cartridge on a Monen high arch, 2 handle w/sprayer, series 7700 Montecello

  • How to Fix Leaking Moen High Arc Kitchen Faucet -DIY Video embedded · Our Moen high arc kitchen faucet started to leak around the base of the high spout. We had the Moen Monticello 7700 series single handle faucet for 8 ...
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding Moen Faucets ... a cold water filtering faucet, ... tighten the cartridge nut or replace the cartridge. If the faucet has a handle connector: ... Remove the faucet handle.
  • Monticello by Moen - Monticello Monticello. Chrome replacement handle knob insert ... As the #1 faucet brand in North America, Moen offers a diverse selection of thoughtfully designed kitchen and ...
  • Installation Help / Animated Tutorials for Moen Faucet Moen's animated tutorials provide installation help for many of Moen's ... How to Remove & Install the 1222 Cartridge. ... Removing a Single-Handle Kitchen Faucet ...
  • Contractor John replaces a cartridge in a Moen faucet ...
    • 11 MIN
    2011-10-26 · Contractor John replaces a cartridge in a Moen ... Repair Moen Single Handle Faucet, ... How to remove an old kitchen faucet and install a ...

  • May 05, 2016 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    Single moen faucet base plate moves

    The mounting nut below has come loose. Have someone hold it in position while you go under and tighten the nut. You may need a basin wrench to do theis.

    Oct 28, 2012 | Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen...

    1 Answer

    Delta single handle pull-out sprayer loose from base. How to tighten it?

    Pull out sprayer has a plastic nut to tighten under countertop. You should be able to reach underneath and hold the top while tighting the bottom.

    It designed to be tighten by hand to avoid damaging.

    May 19, 2010 | Delta Faucet 470-DST Signature Diamond...

    1 Answer

    I have a Moen Single Handle kitchen faucet, it's leaking at the base and below the neck (where is swivels for the faucet to move side to side). How do I fix it?

    Replace the "O" rings that are behind the spout portion. You will have to remove the top of the faucet and pull up on the spout section. There will be a couple of "O" rings there. It is best to have Moen send the parts to you as locating the proper size "O" rings can be difficult.

    Mar 29, 2010 | Moen 7840 Camerist Single-Handle Kitchen...

    2 Answers

    Kitchen faucet single handle pull-out. The base of

    I have the same problem with an American Standard Reliant Kitchen Faucet that wont swivel anymore. I called American Standard and they are sending me the replacement parts to fix it free of charge, I have had mine 6-7 years and they said it was under warranty. Call 800-442-1902. Good Luck

    Jan 09, 2010 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

    1 Answer

    Moen kitchen faucet spout

    there should be a removable "button" on the faucet base below the handle. under there, there should be a set screw. loosen the screw, remove the handle. now u can adjust the base, collar, etc. to ur liking...don't forget to reassemble everything the same way u removed them.

    Dec 13, 2009 | Moen 7310 Legend Single-Handle Kitchen...

    2 Answers

    I have a single handed Kohler Vinnata kitchen faucet that is leaking from the handle. Cartridge has been replaced and hasn't stopped leak. What now?

    turn off water remove handle and check retaining nut remove cartridge and check o-rings for damage or replace replace and tighten cartridge check for leak

    Nov 04, 2009 | Moen 7437 Chateau Single Hole Kitchen...

    1 Answer

    The pullout faucet wobbles when returned to the base.

    check that nothing blocking hose return weight under sink

    Oct 06, 2009 | Danze D405058 Parma Single Handle...

    2 Answers

    Kitchen spout leaks

    Hi buffy9,

    I'm Harvet the Master Plumber.

    Your question is: You have an American Standard two faucet in my kitchen and the base of the spout leaks at the base. How do you remove it and replace the washers?

    Are we talking about an American Standard two HANDLE faucet or one of the single handle models?

    Thank you,
    Harvey your Master Plumber

    Oct 16, 2008 | Plumbing

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Moen 87530 Touch Control Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with Protoge Side Spr... Logo

    1,035 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Moen Plumbing Experts

    john h

    Level 3 Expert

    12139 Answers

    Donni Steen

    Level 3 Expert

    659 Answers

    Don Numinen
    Don Numinen

    Level 2 Expert

    62 Answers

    Are you a Moen Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides