Question about Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
I have a MAYTAG MAH5500BWW SN A2946479CA front load washer. The machine leaves the clothes wet and in fact does not spin and complete this cycle. I had an honest repairman come out and 3 hrs later still can't find the problem. This is was tried:
Symptoms: The clothes are wet with visible water in the tub. When the spin cycle starts it at times will spin slowly then stop then start again. During this time pump may come on intermitently. Spin can get some RPMs with no load but will go through a cycle of low to high RPMS multiple times. The count down time may also jump back up such as from 2 minutes back to 7 minutes.
1. Verified the water is being pumped out. Pump is working fine. Checked to ensure no lint is stuck in pump.
2. Did a continuity test on the 3 sensors. All 3 switches working okay. Tried to short 3 sensors as well to take them out of the loop.
3. Motor does work and will go up in spin speed at times. The problem with spinning is that it goes up in speed then drops down then up then down. Sometimes it goes higher than others.
4. Tried to bypass out of balance sensors by jumpering red and orange leads together on control board. No effect.
5. Repair person called MAYTAG for help and ran all diagnostics. Everything comes out ok from a diagnostic level.
Is there any detailed outline of how to bypass each sensor or a group of sensors? Maytag said the machine might be out of balance and to just run a full heavy load through. This didn't help.
Thank you for your help
I replaced the motor and circuit board but that did not fix it. I changed the out of balance switch and the shock absorbers or snubbers. I think the ultamate fix was the snubbers. it has worked great since. They wear out like your car shock absorbers allowing the drum to shake too much triggering the out of balance switch to stop and restart the spin.
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
How can I bypass the sensor that keeps putting cold water in the tub when I want only hot?
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
22002039 is a part number for a new motor kit, it has a ten year part warranty so it should be covered by maytag. the reason for the problem is the tachometer in the motor is prob bad.
Posted on Oct 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 26, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Jun 10, 2010 | Maytag LAT3600A Top Load Washer
May 25, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Jan 05, 2010 | Samsung WF337AA Front Load Washer
Mar 02, 2009 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Jan 19, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Jan 07, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
1,774 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: