Question about Hitachi Televison & Video
I have a Hitachi Model 53SDX01B TV. Trying to control power on/off, volume & mute with a TiVo Remote need the right code to enter into the TiVo Remote. All the codes that are listed on my TiVo settings screen for Hitachi do not work. Can you assist me. Thanks for any help
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have an AKAI PDP4273M
best bet for this is logitech unv harmony remote more way more compatbilty with all units u have even the lights it dims and glows in dark so u can see on sale now at best buy
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
SOURCE: sharp tv 2004 model
Program TV Code
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Locate the 5-digit code for your TV.
3. Slide the MODE switch to the TV position.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the TV position flashes twice, then release both keys.
5. Using the number keys enter the 5-digit code for your brand of TV. If performed correctly, the green light under TV flashed twice.
6. Aim the remote at your TV and press the PWR key once. Your TV should turn off. If it does not turn off, repeat steps 3 and 4, trying each code for your brand until you find the correct code.
7. Slide the MODE switch to the DIRECTV position. Press TV POWER. Your TV should turn on.
Program DVD, VCR, Stereo Receiver, and Stereo Amplifier Code
The AV1 and AV2 switch positions can be setup to control a VCR, DVD, STEREO, second DIRECTV Receiver or second
1. Turn on the component you wish to control (e.g. your DVD Player).
2. Locate the 5-digit code for your component.
3. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1 (or AV2) position.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under AV1 (or AV2) flashes twice, then release both keys.
5. Using the NUMBER keys, enter the 5-digit code for the brand of component being set up. If performed correctly, the green light under the selected position flashes twice.
6. Aim the remote at your component and press the PWR key once. The component should turn off; if it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4, trying each code for your brand until you find the correct code.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to set up a new component under AV2 (or AV1).
Unable to Find Correct Code
If you were unable to find the code for your brand of TV or component, you can try a code search. This process may take up to 30 minutes.
1. Turn on the TV or component. Insert a tape or disk if applicable.
2. Slide the MODE switch to the TV, AV1 or AV2 position, as desired.
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
4. Enter 9-9-1 followed by one of the following four digits:
Satellite - 0
TV - 1
VCR/DVD - 2
Stereo Receiver/Stereo Amplifier - 3
5. Press PWR, or other functions (e.g. PLAY for VCR) you want to use.
6. Point the remote at the TV or component and press CHAN+. Repeatedly press CHAN+ until the TV or component turns off.
NOTE: Every time CHAN+ is pressed the remote advances to the next code and power is transmitted to the component.
7. Use the CHAN- key to step back a code.
8. When the TV or component turns off, stop pressing the CHAN+ key. Then, press and release the SELECT key.
NOTE: If the light flashes 3 times before the TV or component responds, you've cycled through all codes and the code you need is not available. You must use the remote that came with your TV or component.
Verifying the Codes
Once you have set up the DIRECTV Universal Remote Control using the above steps, use the following instructions to find out the 5-digit code to which your component responded:
1. Slide the MODE switch to the appropriate position.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
3. Enter 9-9-0. (The green light under the selected switch position flashes twice.)
4. To view the first digit in the code, Press and release then number 1 key. Wait three seconds, and count the number of times the green light flashes. Write this number down.
5. Repeat step 4 four more times for the remaining digits; i.e., press number 2 for the second digit, 3 for the third digit, 4 for the fourth digit and 5 for the final digit.\
Depending on how you set up your remote, the VOL and MUTE may control the volume only on your TV, regardless of the position of the MODE switch. This remote can be set up so that the VOL and MUTE keys work only with the component selected by the MODE switch. To enable this feature, perform the following steps:
1. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the DIRECTV position flashes twice, then release both keys.
2. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3. (The green light will flash twice after the 3.)
3. Press and release the VOL+ key. (The green light flashes 4 times.)
Now the VOL and MUTE keys will work only for the component selected by the MODE switch position.
To Lock Volume to AV1, AV2 or TV
1. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1, AV2 or TV position to lock the volume.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the green light under the selected switch flashes twice and release both keys.
3. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3. (The green light flashes twice.)
4. Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light flashes twice.)
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
Good luck. I have the same issue. No codes are available for the X2Gen. To make matters worse, it appears to use a non-standard frequency for the carrier signal, maening that other remotes won't work with the TV.
I purchased a learning remote, thinking I would just "teach" it the codes directly from the X2Gen TV remote. This didn't work either.
There appears to be no way to use any remote other than the one supplied with the TV. Whatever you do, don't lose it!
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
I would contact the TV manufacture and then see if they can send you a replacement remote. They will usually do this for the cost of the remote with shipping and handling.
I hope this helps
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2014 | Televison & Video
on Apr 02, 2010 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Jul 29, 2013 | Televison & Video
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Push the TiVo button on the remote. Then push "Messages and Settings," followed by "Settings," and finally press "Remote Control." This will show you the three areas of the remote that are programmable. "TV Power, Volume and Mute," is one section. "AV Volume and Mute," is the second section. The final section is "TV Input."
Pick "TV Power, Volume, and Mute" by pushing right on the direction pad of the remote. This will open up a list of all the brand names of TV that exist. You will find most TV brands will be there.
Find your brand of television and select that option. If your brand is not there, simply go to the TiVo webpage and under "Setup and Support" you will find others who have experience this issue. There you will find a code for your TV. This happens sometimes when the TV is a lesser known brand.
Hold down the button you are programming (i.e. TV Power) for 5 seconds until the red light on top stays on. Then enter one of the codes on the screen.
Push the newly programmable button to test its functionality. If it does not work, repeat the steps with all the possible codes available. One of the codes will work.
Push "Live TV" at this point to watch television.
Use the manual which came with your TiVo in addition to this guide. In the front of the booklet will be a starter guide, which will lead you through the steps necessary to set up your remote for optimum use.
Mar 23, 2011 | Televison & Video
Oct 09, 2009 | Tivo Series2 TCD649080 Video Recorder
Nov 25, 2008 | Samsung PCK5315RX TV
Nov 10, 2008 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
Nov 05, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Oct 21, 2007 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: