Question about Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc Gas Blower/Vac
Ok. Good job on doing what you could, right off! The simplest things are the most overlooked, and the most unforgiving.
So, you know your plug is wet, so you got some fuel flow.
Now let's figure out the plug no-fire problem. (This is under the assumption you haven't beat on this blower with a sledge-hammer at one point. The whole "key-way" is fried thing.)
1. Grab ahold of that plug THEN crank away. One time will tell you yes or no on spark. No, I am not joking, and yes, it is better than staring at the end of a plug and wondering if your eyes are bad.
In fact, better than a cup of coffee......in a bad way.
2. Check your kill switch. It is either: Grounding, or Open (open like it should be, UNTIL you push it, click it, or slide it, whatever you got). One CHEAP and fast way: Unhook the kill switch.
Then crank away. No spark? Not the kill switch then!
3. Check your spark plug GROUND. Let's say you got some shocking results from grabbing onto that bad boy. NOW check where the plug meets the cylinder head when she is screwed down in there. Believe it or not.....if it is funky, she won't ground right!
Hence, no worky.
4. You got no spark at all.....STILL. Let's look over your Spark Plug WIRE. Is she wore through? Is SHE grounding out? Has she heat failed? Then do #5.
5. STILL no spark. Let's check the last 2 things......
Rotor Magnets, and Magneto (ignition coil).
IF you have a volt/multi-meter, hook her up to the plug wire. No juice = Bad Magneto, or Bad Plug Wire. SOME juice = Good Magneto, but Bad Plug Wire (in some mowers/weedeaters, etc., remember that the Magneto is where the kill switch hooks too.
See if it is somehow grounding you out, by being loose but still touching the cylinder, etc.)
6. Failing Magneto. This can happen, and it does. You get SOME juice, just not ENOUGH juice. 2-Strokes make a lot of heat, even Magneto's give up the ghost after a while, sometimes. In this case, find a replacement!
Posted on May 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Don't know if the problem has been solved.
Have you reset the gap of the magneto? Set the gap aprox. 0.010" or 2 sheet of the 8x10" regular paper thickness.
Loosen srews, insert the papers in the gap, drop the coil extract to the wheel, re-tighten the screw set, remove the papers. If the firing part are in good condition, they should produce a spark.
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2014 | Garden
Jul 01, 2014 | Poulan Garden
Nov 29, 2009 | Poulan Featherlite Gas Blower, with Low...
Sep 30, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater #Wt200 711724 24cc Gas...
Sep 05, 2009 | Poulan Garden
Aug 31, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
Jun 15, 2009 | Poulan Garden
Jun 06, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
Apr 22, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
1,077 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: