Question about Indesit WA 125 Front Load Washer
I am trying to remove the door seal on my indesit moon due to it spliting but cannot seem to do it can anyone help me out please???
This is for an Indesit Moon SIXL145
I've watched a few vids on how to do this and have tried their methods only to realise that you need at least 2 other individuals with very small hand, and built with very large upper body strength. Working for around 3 hours and then doing this method which took less than 2 hours from start to completion. ( it where you take the complete brum out).
1. Disconnect all supplys to washing machine ( water & electric ).
2. Remove the Top Lid and Door.
3. Remove the retaining clip from around the seal at the front of the door, and release seal.
4. Remove the control disc and mark where the connection is on the board and connecting plug ( at the same time remove the 2 screws that are holding the placsic inlet pipe connector (on the seal)).
5. Remove the concreate block on the top (held on by 3 Hex bolts), and the the take off the two water pipes (not easy you need to use a screw driver to do this) and remove a waste pipe connected to the drum and feeds back to the water in-let connection)).
6. Lay the machine down ( put protection cloths down and be prepared for some water).
7. Remove the Back Pannel. ( this will open up the othe componunts that you need to work on.
8. Using a marker pen mark the colour / position of ALL electical connections to be disconnected prior to taking them off.
9. Remove the belt of the motor & Fly wheel.
10. Disconnect the motor wires ( Mark them first) these are the ones attached to the DRUM)).
11. Remove the 2 Hex Bolts from the motor and lift away (place to one side).
12. Remove the wire that is connected to the Drum (Round type connection)
13. Now Undo the retaining clip that is holding the waste pipe on to the drum Leaving it still on (the clip) place it to one side.
14. Now remove the to 8mm Hex nut that are retaining the dampers (Mark there position on the frame of the washing machine).
15. Nearly there, now move back to the top where you will see a small black rubber tube running down the side of the drum. This is connected to the ROUND control switch. Disconnect it, but leave the clip on the pipe for later.
Take OFF this control pannel
16. On the same side you will see that there maybe some wires connected to the drum, move the away but do not disconnect them (no need).
17. Mark the location of the TWO Springs.
18. NOW you can take the drum carefully out through the TOP of the machine and place it so that you can get access to the seal.
19. MARK the CENTRE of the SEAL on the drum so that the new one matches..
20. Fit NEW SEAL on to the drum (Took me no more that 5 mins).
21. Put the Drum Carefully back in to the machine being careful not to move, or damage and thing. At this time you cane position the TWO top Springs and the Bottom Two dampers in to there positions.
22. Reconnect ALL those connections you have previously taken off.
Once you have reconnected every-thing stand the machine back up-right.
You will need TWO 8mm Dia Jub-clips for the Seal water pipes.
23. NOW connect the front of the seal back on to the machine.
24. Re-fit the door.
25.Refit the pannels.
26. reconnect water / electrics
I hope this helps, If I had done this in the first place I could have saved my-self 3 hours.
Posted on Apr 07, 2013
Take the top panel off by removing the two screws underneath the lid at the rear and look down inside towards the front door edge of the drum you will see a very large metal hose clips holds the door seal on. A screwdriver will loosen the clip then the clip will slip off and then the seal can be removed and replaced
Posted on May 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2012 | Indesit Washing Machines
Oct 30, 2009 | Indesit W 123 Front Load Washer
Oct 29, 2009 | Dishwashers
Oct 03, 2009 | Indesit WA 125 Front Load Washer
Jun 11, 2009 | Indesit W 123 Front Load Washer
Feb 22, 2009 | Indesit W 123 Front Load Washer
Jul 30, 2008 | Indesit Washing Machines
May 30, 2008 | Tappan 18 in. MDR251RE Built-in Dishwasher
Oct 07, 2013 | Indesit WA 125 Front Load Washer
1,915 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: