How to add mp3 or recieved files to messaging tone?
Hi, I have the cect i68 sciphone i figured out how to set my ringtones for calling, i was wondering could you do the same for messaging?When changing tones for messaging it only have defaults tones can you add the mp3 or received for messaging? Hope someone understands my question. Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have version 3 software there is no way that you can use mp3 or downloaded tones as message tones, best thing you can do is upgrade your firmware to version 4. Type this on the dial screen to check your version *#8375#
Make sure the numbers in your contacts list is exactly correct. ex....if you get a call from John and his number shows up as 18326048921 then make sure in your contact list his number is in there exactly the same 18326048921. That's including the 1 and the area code. Hope this helps
go to the dial button press and hold down the number 1 button.
For full help topics I have a cd available for 10 us dollars. Has 100's of mp3 ring tones wallpapers, and java games and opera java browser. Guaranteed help on every question ever asked on these phones. And all settings for all cellular services. I have answered 100 questions with this CD. If interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org Pay Pal only, will send out First CLASS Mail in padded envelope.
1. At the main menu, select “Settings” 2. Now select “User profiles” 3. In the next menu, select “General” 4. Now “Customize” 5. Select “Tone setup” 6. Choose which SIM (on dual SIM card phones) you want to assign a ringtone to. 7. You will now see a list of available ringtone. 8. Select it. You should see at the very bottom of this list 5 empty locations this is where you can add your own mp3's as ringtones.
Now I Know your second question once you get this figured out will be how to assign ringtones to individual contacts in your phone book so here is part 2.
1. From the Main menu choose Phone 2. Choose Quick search 3. Find the contact in the list you want to add the ringtone by scrolling down the list and tap on their name 4. Choose Edit 5. Scroll down the list of options to the Musical note called Associate sound and select the ringtone from the list. Your new ringtone will now function for that contact whenever they call!
Hi Jane, To put mp3 files as message tone you have to download a .mid file and put it in with all of your other mp3 files. once you have done that go into settings and go to the message tone settings. press use my effective alert tone or what ever it says and click play on the .mid file the just go across and find the mp3 you want but dont go out of the play mode until you select the mp3 you want. im glad i could help.