Question about Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Wireless Keypad Model 976LM Security+
For some reason, my garage door remotes both only work when the Garage Door Opener lights are OFF. the wall unit opens the garage door fine. After I back my car out, I have to wait for the light inside the garage to turn off before the remote will work.
Has anyone experienced anything similar? thanks in advance!
I discovered that certain light bulbs interfere with the remote sensors. Harware stores have clear vibration reisistant bulbs for garage doors, try them instead. After spending money on a new remote, resetting remotes, and weeks of aggravation...poof.....i found it was the type of bulb I was using. Used a clear bulb and the problem went away. Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 15, 2012
Try removing the bulbs. Strange as it may seem I have seen interference from light bulbs.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Changing the bulbs did the trick for me!!
Posted on Mar 27, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 10, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Oct 29, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Oct 05, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Sep 06, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 05, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 03, 2009 | liftmaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener...
Feb 18, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 18, 2016 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!