Question about PC Desktops
Windows crashed reinstalled xp now say no sound device found tried removing an reinstalling
Check the following,
. Speakers, connecting cables and Sound Card are working fine by connecting to another computer.
. Speaker Cable is connected to an audio port (Audio/Video port in system box).
. Volume is MUTE / Low (in Volume Controller).
. Audio drivers have installed.
To Check follow the Steps:
• Go to Start>
• Control panel>
• Double click on "System" Icon> (it shows the System Properties Window)
• Select “Hardware” Tab>
• Select “Device Manager” Tab> (it shows the Device Manager Window)
• Select “Sound, video and game controllers”>
• Expand “+” symbol> (check the audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers and others are not in Questioned Mark (?) symbol with yellow color. If there need to install the drivers ).
6. If not, insert the motherboad CD, browse>select audio driver>install. After completion, restart computer and check.
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
Have d same problem wit my compaq presario 3000 laptop after reinstalling windows. how do i rectify tihis
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Check for devices in "other devices" in Device manager
Posted on Oct 22, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2012 | PC Desktops
Nov 14, 2011 | Compaq PC Desktops
Nov 06, 2010 | Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO P2500 PC Desktop
Aug 05, 2010 | PC Desktops
Apr 01, 2010 | HP Compaq dc5750 PC Desktop
Jan 14, 2010 | Gateway 509GE PC Desktop
Dec 17, 2009 | HP Pavilion 753n (P9852AR#ABA) PC Desktop
Aug 24, 2008 | PC Desktops
Aug 20, 2008 | Sony VAIO PCV-J200 PC Desktop
822 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!