Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
My HP Deskjet D1320 makes a grinding noise before it prints. It also stalls during this grinding noise, but evenutally the cartridges align and print out the paper. We had a similar problem with a Compag IJ600 printer and it eventually just made the grinding noise and wouldn't print all together so we threw it out and someone gave us this printer. The D1320 worked fine until I replaced the black and color cartridges. Now it makes this grinding noise. Can you tell me how to troubleshoot this and get it fixed?
I think the noise is normal for hp deskjet. When starting up, the printer read the head existence, and do cleaning. is it the first replacement cartridge? Disable ink status monitor.
Posted on May 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
To clear a paper jam
1. Remove the paper from the paper tray.
2. If you are printing labels, verify that a label did not become detached from the label sheet while passing through the printer.
3. Turn off the printer.
4. Remove the rear access door. Press the handle to the right, and then pull out the door.
5. Remove the paper jam from the back of the printer, and then replace the rear access door securely.
6. If the paper jam cannot be removed from the back of the printer, raise the printer cover, remove the paper jam from the front of the printer, and then lower the cover.
Caution Remove the paper jam carefully as it is possible to damage the printer when removing paper from the front.
7. Reload paper in the paper tray.
8. Turn on the printer.
9. Reprint the document
if this does not help I would suggest installing a new driver from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c00211293&product=1839853&
Trust this is helpful. :)
Dec 08, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Oct 25, 2010 | HP DeskJet 1220c InkJet Printer
Oct 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Jun 20, 2008 | HP DeskJet 810c InkJet Printer
Dec 07, 2007 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
Sep 28, 2007 | HP DeskJet 895cse InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
1,818 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!