Question about PC Laptops
My dvd cannot read cd but can read dvd
I also have an Acer Aspire 5630. When I tried to copy a DVD containing over 600 wedding photos to the hard drive using windows explorer, window reported file copy errors about half way through the photos. This happened also to another owner of another 5630.
After looking into this, I first found that I was already using the latest driver. When I went into the system device manager I next found that the driver DVD region parameter had never been set.
Once I corrected this, I was able to copy the DVD without errors.
Here is how you set the DVD world region:
1. Start Menu, select Control Panel
2. Select Classic View on left
3. Double click “System” Icon
4. On left select “Advanced system settings”
5. Press continue if Windows asks for permission.
6. Press Hardware tab at top of System Properties window
7. Click on device manager button
8. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives
9. Double click on HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device
10. Click on DVD Region tab at top of new HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device window
11. Scroll down and select “United States”
12. Then press Ok. Reboot laptop. (Note dvd region can only be changed up to 4 times, then can’t change anymore)
Once I did this took about 5-8 minutes to copy all photos (some directories and other hidden system files still had to be skipped, but no errors now).
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
I am eror cod 19
Posted on Apr 01, 2008
Follow these instructions for general information or vaio's
If that don't work you will have to do a system recovery back to your factory default settings! Remember to back all information on the computer you wish to save otherwise it will be erased. For Vaio computers follow these instructions to perform this task.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
I have the same problem with my hp pavillion dvr cannot read cd/dvd's this is my second computer mind you.The first one had the same problem, was kept on the phone for 6 hrs by hp tech and they couldn't solve the problem eventually I was given this one which quite too! I would had hoped such a big corporation like hp retest their products before selling them! Any idea how to fix this kind of problem?
Posted on Feb 29, 2008
Try too boot with cdrom, if you wre able to boot from cdrom, then its a SW problem, but if not able to boot, update firmware,
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2009 | Toshiba PC Laptops
Dec 31, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Sep 29, 2008 | PC Laptops
May 24, 2008 | PC Laptops
Nov 18, 2007 | Compaq Presario Notebook
3,175 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!