Question about Xerox Phaser 6350DX Laser Printer
Need instructions to reset Phaser 6350 after replacing transfer roller.
> Support & Drivers > Phaser 6300/6350 Support > Search Results Solution: Replace the Transfer Roller Make Printable E-mail Reset tranfer roller instructions needed - elem_1_spacer.gif CAUTION: Do not touch the surface of the Transfer Roller as fingerprints can cause image quality problems.
Posted on May 28, 2009
Found my own solution while looking for one myself:
The transfer roller is actually a reservoir for scraping excess toner from the pages that attaches to the paper before it gets "Baked" on. It has a plastic chamber that an IR sensor looks at to see when it is full. This is a messy job to clean out, but I just did it myself. It only takes about 10 minutes and it works great! Note, this may not be a permanent solution, but it may save you from throwing the thing out due to the high cost of the transfer roller replacement.
1. Remove the transfer roller and take to a location where you can get about 2 cups of waste toner out.
2. Remove 2 screws to remove the reservoir from the transfer package.
3. carefully remove reservoir while holding the 2 plastic gears in place, or they will fall off. The gears connect to a wire "Mixer" that evenly distributes the waste toner in the reservoir.
4. While holding the gears in place, shake the excess toner into a garbage bag or something.
5. You may need to wear a respirator or dust mask as toner will get everywhere. Compressed air may help, but I'd do it outside.
6. Find the clear plastic chamber and using compressed air, and cotton swabs, clean it thoroughly so that the IR sensor can "See" through it.
7. Reassemble the unit and make sure to clean the transfer roller carefully with a lint free cloth.
8. Re-install the transfer roller into the machine and it should be good to go!
Posted on Nov 24, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 6110 Laser Printer
Nov 30, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6100/BD Laser Printer
Oct 19, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6350/YDT Laser Printer
Oct 04, 2010 | Xerox WorkCentre M-24 Color Copier
May 14, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6250 Laser Printer
Mar 23, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6350DP Laser Printer
Oct 29, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 6250N Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 30, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 7700 Laser Printer
Jun 10, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 6250 Laser Printer
1,097 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!