Question about SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
I have a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 flash drive that was workin properly. Suddenly it does not work. When i pluged it into the usb port, nothing appears in my computer. Sometimes it will say ''a new hard drive was found'' but it will also say ''the new drive may not work properly''. The light in my flash drive stays on but i dont think its supposed to be like that. Usually when i plugged it in, the light starts to flash and i start to see the cruzer logo on my computer. So is there a way to fix this problem and start working again? Thanks!!! My SANDISK Cruzer Micro 4GB suddenly stopped to work. The red light doent't work anymore when it's plugged to the PC (i've tried with several PCs and laptop - XP and Vista S.O.) and they seem not to recognise it. Any suggestions, please?
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2011 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Apr 02, 2010 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Oct 12, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Jun 20, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
May 15, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
May 12, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Mar 08, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: