I see a black 1/2"X2"X1.5" unit which is screwed to the side panel behind the control panel. It has two wires attached. I also see a round black knob below that which has two wires attached. Between these is a caution decal saying to use only a 20AMP fuse. Are one of these the fuse that might blow if the light over the range is shorted? I don't have a wiring diagram of fuse description. Please let me know what the fuse looks like and where it is located.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 2 thermal limit controls inside that if at any point the microwave got too hot they will go out like a fuse. One is mounted directly on the side of what is called the MAG TUBE directly behind the control panel. The second one is mounted against the cavity either on the left side or on the top middle. These are round thermal limits about the size of a dime with 2 wires attached to each one. Can't tell by looking at them if they are bad. Need an ohm meter to test. I usually jump the 2 wires together for a few seconds to see if if the microwave control panel lights up. If it does thats the bad one. You must replace the bad one since it is a safety feature.
follow this steps and use the VOM for fix it. God bless you
If the microwave light bulb is not working it
is usually located behind the upper grille and behind an access panel,
and above the lower panel. On counter top units you will need to remove
the outer cover to get to the bulb. If that doesn't solve the problem
check the on-off switch, and control board
Main Control Board
If the microwave light bulb is not working
check the light bulbs, sockets and wiring. If they are good the main
control board might be defective.
Light Bulb Socket
If the microwave light bulb is not working
and a new light bulb doesn't solve the problem, the light bulb socket
might be burned out and need to be replaced.
This just happened to me this week and I was able to get to the part and order it online. The part will cost you between $5-$9 plus shipping. 1. First things first, unplug the microwave! Then you can begin to remove the microwave from above the stove and onto a flat workable surface. Underneath the microwave are two grease filters. Remove them simply by sliding them out. You will see in each cavity a bolt/screw at a 45 degree angle. These two bolts/screws secure your microwave to the back plate/mounting bracket. It helps to have an extra set of hands to assist you. Unscrew the bolts/screws. Then lift the microwave up slightly and tip it forward to remove it being cautious about snagging the cord on anything. Place on a solid, flat surface. 2.Remove the front top fan vent. It's the slotted piece of plastic at the top of the microwave. It'll have 3 screws. Underneath that piece above your control panel is a screw. That screw will have a warning next to it indicating to disconnect from power source before working on it. 3. Next you'll need to remove the housing shell. There are two large screws on both sides of the oven at the middle bottom. Then on the rear are several screws to remove in addition to the silver bracket with an arrow on it. Remove the screws from that as well. Now gently remove the outer shell of the oven. Do so slowly as you'll have to slide the cord through the opening to create space. Once you have enough space, you can unplug the power cord from the microwave via a Tamiya connector. Place the shell off to the side. 4. Now you can remove the sensor panel. It's clip in so gently pry it off and leave the wires attach. It'll dangle but should be secure enough to hang on it's own. 5. From here, you'll be able to see the open lever. It's located behind where the push open button on the control panel is located on the bottom. It's held in place via two "knobs". In my particular case, one of the knobs broke. To remove the open lever, behind one of the knobs is a piece of metal tab to keep it from falling out of place. Simply bend the tab in a bit and pull the lever out the side of the opened microwave shell. Hope this help. I'm in no means an appliance expert, just a handy guy who is cheap as hell :)
the magnetron may be faulty on this unit... the magnetron is what heats unit... there is also a thermal limit on this unit mounted behind the control panel and will require removing in order to check... unplug unit and remove two wires attached to limit about the size of a quarter and round in shape..check contuinity and should be closed... if it is then most likely the magnetron has failed... is a replaceable part sorta expensive and requires taking apart the cabinet and removing a few componets to get to the magnetron bolts/screws ... www.sears.com then hit the parts direct link up at top of the screen enter your model number and will give you a parts diagram check availabilty and price on your part....
sometimes cost verses replacement is worth buying another one.... but can be fixed... most magnetrons have 5 year warranty goes by serial number of unit or installation of unit if your the original owner.... good luck to you
You will need to remove the top grill vent first, then you can remove the screws coming in from the top of the grille vent then that will expose a screw holding down the control panel at the top. Remove the screw and remove the control panel. The fuse is located in a little 1" fuse holder just behind the front panel near the top.
1 the obvious question.... have you tried a known working outlet. 2. Most likely the internal fuse has failed and must be replaced. You can access this fuse by removing 4 side panel screws, (2 on each side) and 6 rear chassis cover screws. BEFORE you start unplug the unit. Remove the 10 screws. Standing behind the unit, then lift the top cover slightly and pull toward you. the side guide tabs wil unlock and the cover will come free. Once the chassis open aviod the large capacitor as it can still ruin your day. Follow the power cord until you see the fuse block. Remove the fuse... obtain an EQUAL value replacement and install the new fuse. reinstall the cover making sure the side guide tabs interlock on the front sides of the chassis. Plug the unit in and see if you have any signs of power.... I.e light on with door open or control panel dispaly lights up. If you have visible signs of power places a coffee cup filled with water inside the microwave and see it it heats up. If it starts and then all the power goes off again you probably have a bad diode. If it works fine then your in luck.
You know that you have to unplug the microwave first, right?Then you have to either wait a good while (I like a couple of days) or short out the current.
The fuse is located on the right side, behind the control panel at the top. You have to remove the vent cover (three screws) in the front, then the screws holding the control panel up ( I didn't remove mine, I let it rest on a pot to take the weight off the connectors). The fuse is on a small horizonal electronic board located 6 inches behind where the top of the control panel normally is attached.
You do NOT have to remove the oven, but it's small hands work, or great needle nose. You get the fuses for about 3 for $2.00 at Radio Shack.
But I bet that isn't you whole problem. Something caused it to blow.
It may be the internal 20A fuse or a thermal cutout (TCO) on top of the
oven cavity or mostly likely the one attached to the magnetron.
These models do not use a "screw-on" type fuse (whatever that is - a
"guru" after 46 votes?!), it will be a 6x30mm ceramic type and it
simply snaps into the fuse holder.
Being a GE, there should be a "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the control
panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very
helpful when locating components and troubleshooting, and testing.
our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
Since you mention Profile XL1800, that means the all-important model
number from the tag in or on the unit would probably be something like
Using the actual model number, you can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts here.
Accessing some parts may require you to
pull the oven from the wall and remove the cover.
If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two
people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.
You can download GE owner's manuals and
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful
rating of our answer.
Take the outer case off that reaches from one side over the top and to the other side. The fuse is located behind the control touch panel. Back where you will see wires, a capaister, transformer, ect. What your looking for is a fuse that looks just like an old round glass car fuse. It's not one though. It's a fuse made just for micro waves. Where the glass would be it's either black, white or tan. Noramlly it's a 20amp. Good luck.