Question about Hitachi 57F500 57" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
Have 3-D look on screen. Try to "Magic Focus", it starts process with red, then goes to green but can't continue, the number 5 appears at bottom right of screen, then goes back to tv station. have a convergence problem, seems the red lamp is way off and magic focus wont correct it. goes to red color and then stops and diplays 5 in the bottom right hand corner. i tried manually adjusting the lines, but for some reason i cannot get the lines to move when i select the color.
I think you need a tech .because all the users adjustment were tried.
Posted on May 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Magic Focus does not work.
Convergence issues usually resolved by changing convergence output amplifier IC's.....Original STK392-110 should be replaced
with upgrade Stk394-160E Hitachi part # CZ 01341,change both
for reliability.....check B+ feed resistors for over-heating....T.
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
it sounds like your blue convergence ic is getting weak you need to replace the ic's STK392-110 and you should replace both because when 1 is bad the other will go real soon. They are inexspensive at the sight I posted and you will also get free tech online support if you purchase them there.
Posted on Apr 13, 2008
This must be adjusted by a professional television repair center
Or if you are me you can open it up and start looking for the internal focus adjustment block
normaly located on the flyback transformer
I highly recommend you don't go digging around in there unless you know what you're doing.
I'm not responsible for accidental death due to following my trouble shooting procedures.
Safety First !
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
The correct model is 53fdx01b. There is a mogic focus button on the front of the set.
Procedure for Chassis DP05F, DP05, HP11, HP12:
1. Press and hold the DIGITAL ARRAY or CONVERGENCE ADJUST button on front panel.
2. While the button is held down, then press the INPUT or ANT button on remote control.
3. The unit will now be in the DCAM.
1. Proceed with digital convergence adjustment.
2. Remember to save the correction data.
3. Units with MAGIC FOCUS only - Failure to initialize MAGIC FOCUS sensors after saving
convergence correction data will result in a STATIC (+) display when MAGIC FOCUS attempts
to run. The technician will then be required to access the service only switch behind the front
cover to get back into the DCAM to initialize the sensors, since the procedure to access DCAM
without removing the front panel, requires MAGIC FOCUS to be running.
4. To exit, press the POWER button on the front panel.
Posted on May 02, 2009
Yes, you have a convergence failure. Usually requires replacement of 2 X STK ICs and any burnt resistors associated with the function that is faulty.
Look at the user menu and compare with images on our Convergence Gallery. Try to adjust in the convergence adjust menu. Identify the functions that do not work and make note. When you replace the ICs, pay special attention to the low ohm resistors for the non-working function. They will be located near the colored plug associated with the non-working function. If red vertical will not adjust, check resistors near the red plug.
There are many posts and websites that offer "new and improved Convergence IC substitutes. My advice is to use the original part numbers and replace any burnt resistors with original values. Many ICs purchased on the Internet are very poor quality and do not work. Many users get substitute replacement ICs and never get their TVs working again.
If you have other electronics repair experience, this job may be done with some chance of success. If you have no experience, there are many secondary problems that can and usually do appear. Determining how to fix the secondary faults and how to correctly align the TV is difficult without prior convergence repair experience.
Some of the common problems encountered are:
1. Poor solder techniques, resulting in damaged PC boards or poor solder connections.
2. Poor quality or wrong parts installed and recognizing this problem.
3. Resistors open or burnt. Some resistors are weakened by the initial faulty IC. Replacing with a "good" IC and starting the TV causes the weakened resistors to burn up. IC may be ok but there are one or more open resistors that measured ok when ICs were being replaced.
4. Wrong ICs used, causing resistors to burn up.
5. Resistors that measure normal and become faulty when heated by current flow.
6. Recognizing that convergence circuit is repaired correctly and alignment is needed.
7. Major alignment in service menu required because data is corrupted by multiple tries of magic focus or manual adjustment while faulty circuit conditions exist.
8. Major alignment required because user adjusted centering rings or physically changed mechanical focus adjustment, then mis-adjusted convergence settings trying to correct mechanical alignment faults.
9. User has not connected plugs and connectors correctly and caused secondary damage or mis-alignment trying to correct secondary issue.
Physically replacing the ICs may appear simple but recognizing if a fault still exists or if correct repair is required causes many attempts at repair to fail. Keep it simple. Replace with good quality original part numbers, measure suspect resistors and adjust only what is necessary.
There are only 3 things to fix, IC failure, resistor failure and user induced secondary faults. Data processor and memory is bulletproof.
Posted on Apr 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2010 | Hitachi 46F500 46" Rear Projection...
Dec 15, 2007 | Hitachi 43F300 43" Rear Projection...
Jan 25, 2010 | Hitachi 57F500 57" Rear Projection...
Mar 21, 2009 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Oct 27, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 08, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 13, 2008 | Hitachi 53FDX01B 53" Rear Projection...
Jan 13, 2008 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Jun 07, 2014 | Hitachi 57F500 57" Rear Projection...
208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: