Question about Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Trying 2 reg Nuvi 200 and down load usb drivers and lost all maps. Display reads "NO detailed maps found that support routing. The Nuvi Cannot be used without them." Can U Help My GPS says No detailed maps found that support rounting. The nuvi cannot be used without them.
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2014 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Nov 04, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
May 21, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
Sep 05, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Jul 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Apr 22, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Jan 01, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Dec 01, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Oct 28, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Feb 05, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot c510 Deluxe GPS...
1,631 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: