Question about Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
How to remove power on password from Toshiba Portege 3505 laptop
Its some hard to do but maybe you can
. Your notebook
2. An empty formatted diskette (720 kb or 1,44 mb)
3. A second computer (e.g. a DOS desktop PC)
4. A hex-editor (e.g. Norton DiskEdit or HexWorks)
This is what you have to do:
1. Start the desktop PC and start the hex-editor
2. Put the disk in drive A:
3. Change the first five bytes of sector 2 (boot sector is sector 1) to: 4B 45 59 00 00
4. Save it! Now you have a KEYDISK
5. Remove the disk from drive A:
6. Put the disk in the notebook drive
7. Start the notebook in Boot Mode (push the reset button)
8. Press Enter when asked for Password:
9. You will be asked to Set Password again. Press Y and Enter.
10. You now see the BIOS configuration where you can set a new password
Posted on May 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2012 | Toshiba Portege 3500 Tablet PC
Feb 12, 2011 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Dec 05, 2010 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Apr 18, 2010 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Mar 16, 2010 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Feb 23, 2010 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Jan 11, 2010 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Jul 09, 2009 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
Jun 15, 2017 | Toshiba Portege 3505 Tablet PC
412 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!