Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Hello i have a problem with my modem cbvg834g. When i use the platform second life, ou similar, and i activate the option to use Voice chat...using mic, after 15 seconds the modem reboots by himself. I tried my isp, and for 2 monhs now, they still don't have any answer to me. Can you help me!? Best regards hadji
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Enabling DMZ:
1. On the left side of the setup page, click on the WAN Setup under Advanced tab.
2. Check the Default DMZ Server and specify the IP address of your computer.
3. Click on the Apply button.
Posted on May 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2014 | Cisco SRP 500 Series with 10100 Mbp ...
on Nov 18, 2014 | Faronics Computers & Internet
Mar 12, 2012 | Cisco Catalyst 3750 24 10/100 + 2 SFP...
Aug 02, 2010 | Eicon Diva 850 ISDN T/A (311-097) Modem
Jun 30, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jun 27, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Apr 15, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Apr 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!