Question about Audio Players & Recorders
I'm regretfully informing that the storage is starting to quit working. Have you tried using different USB cable? If not, try replacing the USB cable because it could only be the cable.
You need to check also the Disk Management (for Windows) or Disk Utility (for Mac) to see if the MP3 is still showing up or not. If it showed up there, then you need to reformat the MP3 so that it would work again.
TO CHECK THE DISK MANAGEMENT USING WINDOWS XP OR VISTA:
1. Connect your MP3 player to the computer2
2. Right-click the 'My Computer' or 'Computer' folder that's on your desktop screen.
3. Select Manage > Disk Management.
4. Write down the drive letters that's showing up on the screen.
5. Then, unplug the MP3 player from the computer.
You will see if there's a drive letter that will disappear. If there's one that disappears, that is your MP3 player.
6. Reconnect the MP3 player while you are looking at the Disk Management.
7. Check it if it's still healthy or unallocated disk space.
8. If it showed up as an allocated disk space, you need to reformat the MP3 player.
NOTE: reformatting the MP3 player will erase all the contents and files inside it. You need to contact the manufacturer to see if they can reformat it for you. They need to reload the programs and features of the device.
TO CHECK THE DISK UTILITY ON MACINTOSH:
1. Connect the MP3 player to your computer.
2. Click the 'Go' menu (near the Apple icon, Finder, File, Edit and View).
3. Select Utilities and then click the Disk Utility icon.
4. Write down the available disk drives on the left-side panel of the window.
5. Unplug the device from the computer and you will see which drive will disappear.
NOTE: If the MP3 player is no longer showing up on the Disk Management or Disk Uility, then the storage (memory) of your device is defective. You need to contact the manufacturer to see if they could replace the memory with a new one.
Good luck and have a great day!
Posted on May 28, 2009
Try to connect it to a different p.c or laptop and see if that works if it does you need to reinstall the drivers.
Posted on May 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 23, 2011 | Ematic EM604 MP3 Player
Jan 18, 2011 | XO Vision Ematic EM108VIDB Digital Media...
Dec 28, 2010 | Beond Ematic EM304CAMB Digital Media...
Dec 26, 2009 | Beond Ematic EM304CAMB Digital Media...
May 30, 2009 | Beond Ematic EM304CAMB Digital Media...
Dec 31, 2008 | Samsung YP-K3 MP3 Player
168 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!