Question about Acer Extensa 5420-5687 Notebook
I was useing it and it shut off on it's own. I unhooked from the back and plugged back in, and tried a new outlet. The green light is on on the power pack.
Follow this procedure:
1. unplug the ac adapter and keep it unplugged.
2. Remove the battery and keep the battery unplugged.
3. Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds(Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up)
4. Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (A power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in)
5. Normally power on the notebook.
6. If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
7. Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up. If the battery indicator light does not light up, the ac adapter may not be providing proper power to the unit, and may need to be replaced.
Posted on May 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2013 | HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer
Dec 19, 2012 | Acer Aspire™ T135 PC Desktop
Jul 13, 2012 | Logitech Audio Players & Recorders
May 21, 2012 | Kenmore Room Air Conditioner
Sep 08, 2010 | Pioneer Elite PRO-111FD 50 in. Plasma TV
May 30, 2009 | Acer Extensa 5420-5687 Notebook
Jan 26, 2009 | LaCie (300770) 250 GB Hard Drive
Dec 17, 2008 | Heating & Cooling
Nov 20, 2007 | SVA-USA HD4208TIIIBU 42 in. HD-Ready...
Aug 09, 2007 | Samsung AW0503B Air Conditioner
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: