Our Fujitsu fi-5900C scanner keeps jamming. We've cleaned the scanner, checked the rollers, etc. Nothing seems to help. It doesn't seems to be consistant on any particular paper size or type. It will **** the paper into the scanner but then get stuck inside of it and I see no reason why.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Error U1 referes to Frequent paper jam in Fujitsu fi-5650c scanner. In order to troubleshoot your scanner issue, you are advised to follow the steps provided below:
1. Do the documents satisfy the paper specification?
2. Have the documents been prepared properly?
- Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
- Remove documents with creases or dog-ear corners.
- Scanning different widths documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Is the imprinter EXT cable connected to the scanner properly? (only when the imprinter is installed)
4. Clean the Pick roller, the Separation roller, the Brake roller and the Chute roller and see if the error is resolved.
5. Clean the Feed rollers and the Plastic rollers and see if the error is resolved.
6. Replace the Pick roller, the Brake roller and the Chute roller, and see if the error is resolved.
- Check the consumable counter in the software operation panel. When the counter exceeds the values, replace the Pick roller or the Brake roller.
If the above steps do not help, then yuo are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for assistance.
To troubleshoot your scanner issue, yuo are advised to perform the steps provided below:
1.Remove all documents from the ADF paper chute.
2.Open the ADF while pressing down the ADF open lever. If your has the imprinter option attached, please open the imprinter and then open the ADF.
3.Remove the jammed papers from the ADF.
4.Close the ADF pushing the center part of the ADF carefully.
If document jams occur frequently, then please check the followings:
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is resolved.
5. Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller see if the error is resolved.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
In Fujitsu fi-5900c scanner, Error 05a refers to JAM1 Sensor malfunction.You need to clean the two lenses of the JAM1 sensor with a cotton swab. Then check the performance of the sensor and also check sensor cable connections. This error also occurs if Pinch Roller 2 is installed left-right reversal. Check the same too. If the issue still persists, then you may have to replace the sensor.
If the above steps do not help, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for assistance.
Thanks & regads,
The clicking noise could be due to abrasion of gears in the upper part of the scanner.Please check your scanner usage and a general service will resolve the issue with replacement of the gears, if required.You are recommended to contact your local Fujitsu authorised service station for repair. For more information, please visit www.fujitsu.com
Hi have you got this sorted?, also need to know the detail code, hold down the two paper thinkness buttons at the same time you wil get a detail code, let me know what that is and ill try to help, unless you have it sorted, Cheers
Does the message shows after few pages scanning or is there any
panel error message like J-1 on scanner start up?
If the issue
occurs during scanner start up, then there are staple pins or dirt might
be stuck inside the US Sensor panel inside the scanner. Cleaning and
removing the objects will resolve the issue.
If the error occurs
after few pages scanning, then you may have to check the Pick Roller,
Brake Roller, Pinch Roller and US Sensor FX status. you may have to
replace any of the above, if damaged or worn off.
Hope the above
information is helpful.
Please check your device first and get back to