A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Resetting the linksys router in just six easy steps..
1. Turn on the router.
2. Reset the router, wait until the power light is blinking and then press and hold the reset button for 10 second.
3. Turn off the router and turn on again.
4. Wait for the power light to stop blinking, if the power light does not stop blinking, turn the router off, wait approx 30 second , and then turn it on again.
5. Connect the router to your computer, when it is connected to a computer with an ethernet cable, the ethernet port light will light up.
6. Connect the router to your modem, the modem is connected to the internet port is your computer. The router is connected to the modem.
If you are not able to reset the linksys router password then call linksys router support phone number 1-888-494-1155 (Toll-free) USA.
Check your DSL Filters on your house phones or anything connected to the phone line EXCEPT the modem. The modem should not have a filter on it. If this doesnt help I would recommend getting your ISP out to test the line because sometimes the resisitors or hardware in the box goes bad or at the DSLAM.
First, I would make sure you are using the right type of patch cable to connect to your cable/dsl modem. There are two types:
1) Straight through
2) Cross over
The manual for this device says to use #1 when connecting directly to a computer, and #2 when connecting to a hub.
If the cable/dsl modem is powered on and you are not receiving a link light on either the cable/dsl modem or your computer, try using a different cable.
If this does not work, then you may have a problem with the device itself. At that point, call your Internet Service Provider, as they may be able to provide you with a replacement.
If you did not receive this device from an ISP, then you will have to contact the manufacturer directly. Unfortunately, it looks like Efficient Networks was bought by Siemens, so you may have a hard time receiving support from them.