Question about Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
NO SOUND ON MY LAPTOP!
WHATS WRONG W/IT? HOW CAN I FIX IT???
- first, check if the volume is turned on
-if volume is turned on but still no sound go to windows start, point to computer, click manage
- look for the Device Manager and check if there's an exclamation mark or "X" cross sign found
- if so, visit the dell site at www.dell.com/support
- key in your machine's serial no. and download the drivers for your audio
- after downloading, extract the file (make sure you know where you extract the file)
- locate the file and look for the ".exe" application to install it
- install driver and test it
Posted on May 27, 2009
Did you connect any external speakers or headphones? Maybe USB sound card or USB headphones? In case not then do the following.
Go to start->control panel->device manager. Expand Sound Video and Game controllers. Right click on sigmatel/realtek high definition audio and select uninstall. Then restart your notebook. Driver will be reinstalled automatically.
MAke sure to check sound volume levels : Go to start->Control panel->Sound. Playback and adjust levels.
Posted on May 27, 2009
* Open "Sound" Control Panel and check, under the "Playback" tab that the pc speakers/headphones are working properly.
* If so, keeping that speakers/headphones device entry highlighted (selected), click on the "Properties" button on the bottom right-hand side of the window.
* In the "Properties" window, click on the "Levels" tab. In this instance, I found that the PC speaker level had - Voila!! - somehow been set to zero!
* Moreover, under the same tab, I found that the little speaker icon to the right of the level meter marked "Speakers" had a little red mute mark lit - the sound was not restored until this clicked "on" again!
* Finally, look under the "Custom" tab in the same "Properties" window, be sure the "PC Spk Mute" box is not checked.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Aug 01, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Apr 23, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Feb 19, 2009 | Dell Inspiron XPS M140 Notebook
Nov 08, 2008 | Dell (0Y4801) for Inpsiron 600M, Latitude...
Sep 14, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!