Question about Franke CPX-110 Compact Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

1 Answer

Insulation falling off bottom of sink

The rubber like insulation is falling down from the bottom of my franke sink. What should I do to get it to stay back on the sink?

Posted by on

  • georget1878 May 27, 2009

    The answer that I got was exactly what I needed.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 10,865 Answers

This insulation is important as a sound reducer so I would definitely glue it back into place. Go to any home depot, lowes, or other hardware store and get construction adhesive, the tacky kind will work best for your purpose. Then just put a thin coat directly on the bottom of the sink and stick your rubber back in place.

Posted on May 27, 2009

  • Joe Hogan May 27, 2009

    Excellent. Thanks for getting back. You made my day!



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Water does not stay in the sink. the plunger does not seal properly against the bottom of the sink.

The strainers usually have a rubber, "O" ring or a rubber plug that sets into the strainer housing. Check to see that they are there and are sealing properly. Sometimes debris keeps them off the surface, allowing water to escape.

Dec 17, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Need to remove the bottom ring from the sink assembly.

This is done with a sink basket wrench from hardware store.
Google search and it will display images.
While at hardware store, go look at new sink basket and see how wrench attaches to nut on bottom of sink basket. A hammer and screwdriver are usually not enough, but might loosen the large nut if lucky, but not best plan.
How to: Lay on back under sink, and position mouth and eyes directly beneath sink basket so stuff can fall on face. Then crawl out from under sink and get glasses and flashlight to help see stuff falling in face. Then crawl out from under sink and call neighbor to come over and hold sink basket from top using two screwdrivers down the hole while you twist wrench only to discover you are twisting wrong direction. Have neighbor install 2 new batteries in flashlight while you lay under sink thinking about chiropractor bill. Then while laying on back and facing nut from below, turn sink basket nut counterclockwise and it will come off quickly.
Copy following link for removing garbage disposal sink basket with tips for re-installing tubular drain lines.:

Aug 18, 2013 | Electrical Supplies

1 Answer

Where can I purchase replacement insulation for the bottom of my Franke kitchen sink

You need to call the manufacturer or one of the distributors of your product. We do not have local information so we can't be of much help except what I said above..

Nov 07, 2012 | Franke CPX-110 Compact Undermount...

2 Answers

I installed a black granite sink, but the BASKET STRAINER is leaking. Do I need to buy a specific Basket Strainer for the Granite sink and take model # of the sink.Or can i just buy any basket...

You shouldn't need a special strainer.
Where the strainer meets the sink surface, ( the lip of the strainer ), should have plumber's putty.
Take a chunk of plumbers putty and roll it out like a snake and then stick it under the lip of the srainer all the way around. Set the strainer in the hole and then on the bottom side add the rubber seal, then the cardboard, or metal glide ring and then the nut.
As you tighten the nut it will squeeze out the excess putty and allow you to remove it.
1. Sometimes people try to use the rubber seal on the top side of the sink, but it goes on under the sink.
2. The cardboard/metal glide ring prevents the nut from tearing up the rubber seal so you can really tighten it.

I hope this helps you!
Thanks, Donnie

Mar 25, 2011 | Franke Kindred DP2233/90/1 Granite Double...

1 Answer

We bought a Franke top mount sink and go system from Lowes. It is being installed in a standard formica countertop. The clips that came with the unit will not stay on for anything when you attempt to...

Is the Foot print of the replacement maybe sink smaller than the foot print of the orginal sink that was replaced? It sounds like it is. Make the hole smaller by cutting a plywood strip to be placed on two sides of the sink hole. Long side at back of sink and short side. (plywood needs to be marine type because of the high mosture of the sink area and painted)
I went to their web site; they have posted a buyer beware notice of bad contractors. They may be able to help.

Nov 27, 2010 | Franke Home

1 Answer

Trouble with a Franke kitchen faucet - the spout has a retractable internal hose for spraying down the sink - it is not retracting as it should

Look at the clutter under the sink. Is the hose tangled or caught on something? There should be a weight clamped to the hose to make it fall back into place. This weight minght have slid down the hose.

Jul 17, 2010 | Franke FF-303 Kitchen Faucet with...

2 Answers

We cannot get the mounting clips to stay on

I have spent several hours trying to solve the same problem with a Franke Granite double basin sink. The clips for this Franke sink appear to be a piece of engineering garbage, and the instructions are utterly useless - A huge piece of paper with a template, and tiny pictures that look like they were drawn by a kindergartner with a crayon. The instructions for using the clips --oh there are none - other than a blurry picture in which the clips could fit inside this period (.). Lots of other people appear to have the same issue. I like the Franke sink, but without proper mounting hardware, this franke sink is no better than the poorly made clips, and the Franke Sink horrible instructions that it came with.

May 02, 2010 | Franke Work Top Double Bowl Kitchen Sink...

1 Answer

I Have a FRANKE Fireclay white Farm sink only 90

E-mail the manufacturer from this page.

Sep 04, 2009 | Franke Plumbing

2 Answers

I need a new franke sink basket strainer for my franke sink model PRX11021 - stainless steel. What is the model number that will fit this sink and can I order it online or go to a local store?

You should purchase a complete basket strainer assembly. Home Depot or Lowes have some very nice ones. They are a standard size.
Tell them it's for your kitchen sink.

Jan 28, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Franke CPX-110 Compact Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Logo

1,716 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Franke Plumbing Experts

Jim Parker
Jim Parker

Level 3 Expert

1041 Answers


Level 3 Expert

12962 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

51127 Answers

Are you a Franke Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides