When I touch "Navigate to" and then choose "Address" and then choose "Street and House Number"... I put in the City just fine but once I get to Street it says "One moment please". I type in my street and it isn't allowing me to continue, and it isn't pulling ANY streets up. I have no way to find any street what-so-ever.I have used it a few times and it worked awesome! Now I am frustrated I can't find streets to continue my route. Please help! Going on a 7 hour out of town trip and got this GPS for it and I leave in a few days!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert that has 1 follower.
Re: Can't get passed the searching for streets...
OK! I'll help you! read this fast! :)
I have a tomtom too, and it sounds like the map files are corrupt, it should have come with a CD, you need to plug your tomtom into your computer with the given USB, and turn on TOMTOM HOME. You'll then need to go to "Back up and Restore" and restore your tomtom to the factory settings! Also you might try to push the very small reset button located in a little hole somewhere on the device, you'll have to hold it down with a pin or something! THAT MAY WORK... but i know for a FACT that the restore WILL.
ALSO, if you dont have TOMTOM HOME, you can download it HERE: http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=16&tab=87
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TomTom's GPS devices provide consumers with portable navigation solutions. Download maps, view turn by turn updates and listen to spoken directions on trips across town or across the country. TomTom has a variety of GPS products, but basic use and inputting destination information are almost identical across the board. If you're just taking your TomTom out of the box, you'll need to perform a few extra steps to complete set up. I am listing the 7 steps to use TomTom below;
1. Ensure your TomTom unit is fully charged. A full charge requires approximately two hours. Power the unit by pressing and holding the "On/Off" button for approximately two seconds. Make sure you are in an unobstructed area. Wait for the Tom Tom to power up and acquire a satellite signal.
2. Answer the on-screen questions to set up your device. The questions only appear if this is the first time you've used your Tom Tom. Otherwise, the driving view and your current location will be displayed.
3. Tap the center of the screen to open the main menu. Tap "Navigate To" and then tap "Address."
4. Choose the option that describes how you wish to enter the address you are navigating to. You may tap "City Center," "Street and House Number," "Zip Code" or "Cross Street or Intersection." To enter an exact address, choose the "Street and House Number" option.
5. Type in the requested information by tapping the letters or numbers on the screen. As you type, matching town and street names will appear in a list format. Choose the correct option from the list when it is displayed by tapping it. If prompted, enter the house number by tapping the corresponding numbers on the screen. When you are finished, tap "Done".
6. Select "Yes" or "No" when asked if you need to arrive at a particular time. If "Yes" is chosen, follow the instructions to enter in the desired arrival time.
Finally, follow the on screen and spoken directions to reach your destination.
The manual can be downloaded from Garmin. www.garmin.com/manuals/3130_OwnersManual.pdf
1. Touch Where To? > Address. 2. Change the state, the country, or the province, if necessary. 3. Touch Search All. If you know the city, touch Spell City, enter the city/postal code, and touch Done. Select the city/postal code in the list. (Not all map data provides postal code searching.) 4. Enter the number of the address, and touch Done. 5. Enter the street name, and touch Done. 6. Select the correct street in the list, if necessary. 7. Touch the address, if necessary.
If you are having problems finding a particular address, try some of
following tips. In some cases the address may be listed as being in a
different city other than the one that was chosen. When the unit asks
for the City Name, try choosing Search All Cities. If the address is
listed under a different City Name, doing this will allow the unit to
find the address. Also, when entering a street name, it is important
that you leave off any direction or label. For example, if the address
was 2536 SW Melrose Place, you would enter 2536 for the house number and
only Melrose for the street name. Using the house number and
city/state, the unit will fill in the direction (SW) and label
need a lot more info .... what gps model do you have,
your saying you put address it goes straight to street? then say i put addrees it says not found
Most Nuvi units you have to press Where To...Address....and on the bottom of screen you will see Change State / Province
First select your State..... then go back and select the City... it should now let you put the number of house press done ..then the street name
Hi , when first selecting " navigate to " you have a choice of selecting :
address / house / street name number
of course if you choose option 1 above then you would need to enter a house number but if you cannot enter a house number then you should not select option one but select option 2 . ...... option 2 lets you select the street name only without requiring you to enter a house number.
When you select an address, make sure you select the right state/town since many addresses are the same and the state/town is the only thing that makes a difference.
Your garmin has a menu, find the menu and you will be able to fo to "ERASE ROUTE" or "CLEAR ROUTE" press it. It can be worded differently, but find the option with the words erase or clear.
For inserting the right address I will give you an example:
100 Main street, Farmingdale N.Y. is your address
touch select route, it will ask you for one bit of information at the time.
select town: Farmindale NJ, Farmingdale NY it will give you a list of Farmingdale towns in US. Select Farmingdale NY. If you live in NY.
next, it will ask select street: Main st you write your street, make sure you don't choose Main rd this is Main road not Main ST
next select number: insert 100 since this would be your house number.
Remember it is very important to select the right town and the right street to get to the right address.
You can practice by inserting addresses that are near to your location and then erasing it.
- Navigate to - Address - Street and house number - In the "City" space at the top, type the postcode. (tap 123 button bottom left of keyboard to get the number pad) - You will see a list beneath of the countries that use the postcode. - Tap the country you want. - You then see a list of streets in that postcode area. - Tap the street name (or start typing it in) - Type in the house number.